cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MSMP version

Hello experts,

I have a test GRC system, that all my colleagues come there and make configurations...

Now after 1 year, many configurations are there and they cause error while i'm trying to generate new version of MSMP workflow.

So is there anyway for me to reset/clean the version of MSMP workflow(Access request), or can we reactivate the BC Set to overwrite all the configurations ?

Thanks in advance and best regards.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member193066
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yeah you can overwrite but version would remain, like last version is 10 and when you generate new one it will remain 11, it wont overwrite that, and any rule which are there in  old version cannot be deleted as it exist in a version.

if you send screenshot of error details we can help you fixing,

Regards,

Prasant

0 Kudos

Hello Prasant,

Please check the error as attached screenshot

They're all about the rule id in BRF+. I've deleted these rules/application in BRF+ (logical deletion), then also run FDT_DELETE to make physical deletion of them. But i think they're still in DB and cause such error.

Thanks & regards.

Colleen
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Toan

if you are still getting this error you should be able to go into transaction GRFNMW_CONFIGURE which is the SAPGUI power view of MSMP (mentioned by Alessandro) and look for references to the BRF+ rules. From here you can then delete them out

BRF+ configuration is irrelevant to MSMP if you have not added it to MSMP. You should not have to physically delete this configuration by running FDT_DELETE unless it is something you are trying to clean up.

Regards

Colleen

0 Kudos

Hi Colleen,

I've checked in GRFNMW_CONFIGURE expert mode, i've deleted all BRF+ rules (only default rules left). You can see picture below:

But somehow when i tried to generate the MSMP version, that error still comes...

Thanks & regards.

former_member193066
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Do not delete physically first,

Can you please check process initiator if the BRF+ rule is maintained there.

Regards,

Prasant

Colleen
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Toan

Also check

Process Types > Maintain Rules > Maintain Rule Results

Processes > Maintain Process Global Settings

Processes > Maintain Process Initiator

Processes > Maintain Route Mapping

You may need to go to the SE16 table to see if you have corruption in there. You can identify the MSMP by going into GRFNMW_CONFIGURE in change mode then open a session for SM12 to see table entry locks. You will see all of the tables that make up the MSMP views. Alternatively, run ST05 trace over trying to generate version for MSMP and you will find the table with reference to the BRF+ function.

Regards

Colleen

0 Kudos

Hi Colleen & Prasant

I can generate MSMP version now, after removing all customizing sfuffs (paths, stages, agents, rules...) in the GRFNMW_CONFIGURE transaction.

Thanks a lot for your helpful solutions.

Best regards.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

alessandr0
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Toan,

you have following possibilities to manually recreate the configuration:

- Do manual copy of MSMP Workflow Configuration to your target system using transaction GRFNMW_CONFIGURE_WD in target system

- In source system you can use transaction GRFNMW_CONFIGURE - expert mode maintenance view based configuration of MSMP Workflow - to visit and save  relevant parts of MSMP configuration to NEW transport request. The transport keys generated by GRFNMW_CONFIGURE are correct. You have to visit every referenced part of your process configuration and save it to the NEW request. Releasing transport request with transport keys generated by transaction GRFNMW_CONFIGURE won't cause any other issues (unless you violate any other limitations - i.e. if you try to modify SAP namespace entries of some configuration tables - aka. E-tables)

Please be aware that the transaction GRFNMW_CONFIGURE is expert mode only transaction and does not have lot of validation checks implemented (opposite to transaction GRFNMW_CONFIGURE_WD which should be primarily used when maintaining MSMP Workflow configuration). Thus using GRFNMW_CONFIGURE to maintain MSMP Approval Workflow configuration requires deep expert knowledge.

This transaction (GRFNMW_CONFIGURE) also allows deleting/modification of SAP-namespace pre-delivered entries which will cause MSMP Workflow to stop functionig properly. In such case fall back solution is to re-activate pre-delivered BC set GRC_MSMP_CONFIGURATION (transaction scpr20, expert mode activation) - this will overwrite MSMP configuration to it's post-delivery state. In some rare cases you can still have problems even after reactivating the BC set. In that case you have to compare the BC set values/entries with real content of the configuration DB tables included in this BC set. If you experience any extra entries in the DB table(s) which are not part of the BC set, you will have to delete them (i.e. programatically).

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Alessandro

0 Kudos

Dear Alessandro,

i only have 1 GRC system, so cannot perform the manual copy MSMP from another system.

So the only way i could do is reactivate the BC set. Do we need system reset after reactivating the BC set ?

Thanks

Colleen
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Toan

When you say QA system do you really mean this is a Sandpit/prototyping systems? If you have a Production System then you could copy back from that. However, if this is not a prototyping system and is on a transport path you should try to fix it like any other system (retransport from DEV or client refresh, etc).

If you want to restore all of your MSMP back to the original you can do this. First cancel any outstanding workflow in your system. After that you can go back to the BC set and request to overwrite it. In doing this it will reload the SAP delivered values and take it back to the very beginning.

Alessandro has provided the technical information on how to achieve restoring the SAP delivered MSMP entires. Bear in mind, you still need to do some maintenance (Such as assigning the Agents to the stages) before Activating it.

Regards

Colleen

0 Kudos

Hi Colleen,

Thanks for your reply.

Actually we have only 1 GRC system, there's no other in landscape, no transport path at all. Every change, it routes to itself.

I've just reactivated the BC set GRC_MSMP_CONFIGURATION. Do i need to make a system restart in order to get it affected ?

Thanks & regards.

Colleen
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Toan

Do you use this for Production or just prototyping?

Activating the BC set should replace the values. Go to the MSMP and have a look at the screens to see if they are back to SAP standard. Also, in the BC set area you can do a comparison of the BC Set back to the tables - if they match then you are back to square 1.

Regards

Colleen