cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VAT Registration number

Former Member
0 Kudos

My Client require that whenever VAT registration number is not there in sales order, system should give a warning and further if it is left blank in billing document it should stop the user for any further action.

Now the problem is VAT no. is maintained in Customer Master and in in-completion log it is not accepting the table KNA1.

Please suggest.

Regards

Ashutosh

Message was edited by: G Lakshmipathi

Please use the subject effectively to get proper response

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Do you mean to say VAT registration number is maintained in customer master but in sale order, it is not flowing?  Ideally, if the users maintained this in customer master, automatically, system would fetch it to sale order. 

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The issue is if there is no VAT no. reflecting in sales order, system should give a warning msg.

Ashutosh

RBM
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Ashutosh,

You need to use VBAP table not the KNA1 table, on this table you would find the VAT registration number.

As I told you before, if this don't meets your requirements, you need to go through user exit.

Regards.

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I think, you have not gone through properly my question above.  Please go through once again and clarify to my query.  That is whether VAT registration number maintained in customer master but not flowing to sale order.  Couple of OSS notes are there but depending upon your feedback only, I can propose suitable suggestions.

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sir, I got your question but my query is client wants that if VAT registration number is left blank in billing docs although I have check customers, VAT no. is maintained, but for any reason if it comes blank in billing document system must issue a warning msg and stop any further action.

If it can be done through userexit then please suggest the userexit.

Ashutosh

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Go through the following notes:-

• Note 434562 - Determination and country of VAT registration number
  • Note 329024 - VAT registration number not from sold-to party

Depending upon your requirement, you may implement either of the above note

G. Lakshmipathi

RBM
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Ashutosh,

Have you tried to config the log of Incomplete Items (OVA2)?

If this doesn't work you could try to validate it using a user exit.

Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rafael,

I already tried in OVA2 but because the table is KNA1 so system is not accepting this table.

Regards

Ashutosh