Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Lumira - Implementing row level security

former_member197846
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I aware that SAP Lumira 1.17 onward allows to share the datasets, stories to SAP Lumira Server as well as SAP BI Platform (4.1 SP3 onward).

But I would like to know if there is any way of implementing Row level security for this published contents i.e. datasets or stories. e.g. If user A (may be an administrator with access to all the regions) creates dataset and story and shares it with other users over SAP Lumira Server or SAP BI Platform. But when user B accesses these contents on any platform, SAP Lumira server or SAP BI Platform, he should be able to see data only as per his access (his own region). Can something of this sort be implemented?

Thanks,

Abhijit

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Henry_Banks
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you.

As per my understanding - as of today, we respect Row-level security when acquiring (fetching) the data from universe into Lumira desktop (also, contexts and business-security profiles i.e. columns)

now, when that desktop user has 'designed' the Lumira document, all of the above: row-level, contexts and security profiles  are 'locked-down' into that artefact when shared onwards. (i.e. to Lum Server and hence, BI Platform)

once this content is being access from the BI Launchpad, refresh-on-demand is possible from the story, as well as scheduling of dataset on which it is based.

According this blog by (the product owner for the Add-on)  note that features such as 'refresh on open' and 'changing design-time parameters' (i.e. prompts) are not yet supported,  but very much in future scope / plans.

I believe that one of the other mid-term goals is to architect a 'Lumira server-side universe refresh' (i.e. so that the processing is handled 100% by Lumira server) rather than querying across BIPlatform services then replicating a dataset to HANA (which is currently the process flow)

I hope this helps.

Regards,

H

Answers (0)