cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to enable key in dropdownlist in Personas?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

I want to have the key in dropdownlist in Personas.

For example when going VF01 opening invoice types currently there appears only the name invoice

but I want to have F2 invoice. (So how to enable to show the key like F2)

Thanks+Regards

Dieter

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

steverumsby
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This is controlled from the properties panel of the drop-down object. In the flavor editor, select the "billing type" field in VF01, pop-up the properties panel with this button - -and scroll to the bottom. Set the "ShowKeys" property to True - click the value and it turns into a checkbox.

Then you'll get a drop-down that looks like this:

Steve.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Steve,

Yes that works, thanks. But the problem is you can only do that in the copied flavour.

In the SAP original Personas standard screen in personas the Properties button is not available.

Further to this I want to have in any screen the "dropdown key".

For example VA01, VA02...

Is it possible to set a parameter for the whole system to show everytime the "dropdown key"?

(Don´t want to do that in any transaction manually)

Thx+Rgds

Dieter

steverumsby
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You should be able to set that property globally in the admin transaction (/PERSOS/ADMIN_UI), in the "Type Specific Global Settings" section, so that it will affect every transaction and every flavor.

Steve.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi steve,

have made these changes.

how can we transport the same to other servers   quality & productions

steverumsby
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As far as I know, there's no standard way to transport these settings - they aren't considered "customising" by the system and so aren't recorded. You can replicate them by hand in your other systems if you have access to the admin transaction. Somebody will need that in the production system anyway.

The settings are stored in table /PERSOS/CONTPROP, so you could construct a transport request by hand for the table. Ask you Basis people about that.

Steve.

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks steve

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI steve,

in my dev server   in 100 client i can see type specific profile settings but   in 300 client i cant see the same.

please suggest.

in 300

tamas_hoznek
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Apply note 1869640 in client 300.

chinthan_yajamaan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi satheesh,

You can also use new feature in Personas 2.0 SP03 to enable keys globally using parameters. See Personas 2.0 SP03 Features - SAP Imagineering - SCN Wiki for more details.

Thanks

Chinthan

0 Kudos

Hi Steve,

apologies for resuscitating an old thread, but can you please tell me how to handle the same issue now in Personas 3, (where the dropdown is in a screen with no flavor)?

(we are at version 3 SP 3, Kernel 7.42 SP 413)

chinthan_yajamaan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Gabriela,

You can add the following parameters to personas service in SICF.

SICF -> service name=personas->edit -> click Gui Configuration button -> add following

parameter name = ~webgui_combobox_with_keys

parameter value = 1

you can sort the combobox entries on keys using

parameter name = ~webgui_combobox_sorted_by_keys

param value = 1

please note, these parameters affect the all screens in personas and not just a single flavor.

Thanks

Chinthan

0 Kudos

Thanks, Chinthan, that resolved the problem!

May I also ask if you know where I can find a list of possible parameters (and their possible values) that can be used? I know what is recommended for the personas service but could not find any documentation on a full list.

Answers (0)