Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CATS_DA does not display properly

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Hoping you could assist.

We have recently transfered a resource from Cost centre A to cost centre B. After doing the posting (7.00 hours on cc A, and 8.00 hours on cc B), CATS_ZA displays the total (15 hours against cc B), it does not show the split between the two. Instead the result displays total posting against a WBS element.

What needs to be done for the report to display correct hours against the correct Cost centre against the correct wbs element?

Thanks.

Regards,

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member195427
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Una,

To me it looks like this CC B is maintained as default cost center for posting against a specific cost element. That's why though you are posting to CC A but ultimately the cost is flowing to CC B.

For this, can you please check OKB9 settings in your system? Please discuss the same with your CO guy.

Regards

Saurabh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We checked, and the cost centre is not maintained as default.

Regards,

Una

former_member195427
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks for confirmation Una.

Can you please check that the resource was assigned to which work center and this work center is assigned to which cost center .As per current scenario of your system, it seems that the work center of this resource is assigned to CC B.

Kindly check and revert.

Regards

Saurabh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Saurabh,

Thanks for your responce.

I have checked the results and there's no work centers displayed. Dont work centers have to do with Network activities? We do not use activities.

Regards,

former_member195427
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Una,

As you are not using NWA and work center combination for project then may I know which transaction you are using to post cost or resource against a cost center?

During you transaction posting , are you maintaining/entering activity type during that posting?

Can you please check KP26 for activity type assignment with cost center ( in case if you use activity type during posting)

Regards

Saurabh

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

There was a system issue we had. I asked for the report to be refreshed and it's working fine.

Thank you all for your help

sanjeevc
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

CAT3 is the replica of CAT2 so you can see all the details which was store in CAT2

CATS_DA is also good report to see it

CATSDB is the table whether you can find all related entries

Regards,

Sanjeev

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

per you, resource has been transferred from CC A to CC B.

What do you mean by cost is not splitting? what you are looking here. please elaborate.

Showing against WBS element?. Are you using CAT2 or direct posting?

Are you copying work items and entering time in CAT2?.

What is your sending cost center? Is sending cost center differs from resource cost centers?.

Please let us know.

Thanks,

Sudhakar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am capturing time, using CAT2.

CC A against WBS 001: 7.00hrs

CC B against WBS 001: 8.00hrs

This is what I would like to see on the report. however the report displays:

WBS 001: 15.00hrs on CC B, it doesnt show the split between the two cost centres as I have captured.

Regards

sammar81
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi,

Is the same being displayed in CADO as well?

sammar81
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Una,

Can you please check if CATSDB table has entries with the two different cost centers?

Regards

sammar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I checked, and the two entries are showing.

Could there be anything else?

Regards,

sammar81
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Una,

The CATS_DA report fetches data from the CATSDB table only to show the results. I don't remember any correction program to correct this kind of behaviour. I would suggest to raise an OSS message.

Regards

Sammar.