cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Finding the WBS code in cProjects tables

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I'm having difficulties finding the Internal ID of the WBS code for projects within the cProject.

I know that for projects within PS, I can refer to table RPM_OBJ_LINK and double click on the OBJECT_TYPE field in order to obtain the Internal ID of the WBS code (since the item is directly connected to the WBS code)

But for projects within the cProjects, it doesn't work the same way. The item is connected to the project which is then connected to the WBS.

I need help in finding the connecting table.

Thank you,

Ayelet

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

hanspeterbaier
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Leonid!

Do you use accounting integration for cProjects or do you link WBS elements only via obejct links tab?

If you use accounting integration (with automatic creation of WBS-elements) you can have a look to table IAOM_ASSIGNMENTS, where you can find the cPro element-GUID and the corresponding object number in PS. With the object number you can obtain the WBS element number from table PRPS.

regards,

Peter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Peter,

Thank you for your reply.

I checked table DPR_OBJLINK but it is empty. As far as table IAOM_ASSIGNMENTS, I do not find it. I believe it doesn't exist in our environment.

We use accounting integration for cProject but without an automatic creation of the WBS-element. We chose an existing WBS element from a list that's provided for us.

Do you have additional information regarding the matter?

I really appreciate your help.

Looking forward to hearing from you soon,

Ayelet

hanspeterbaier
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ayelet,

I guess you are using a separate system for PPM and it is not installed on the ERP-system.

You have to take a look at your ERP system, because accounting relevant Information is replicated to your ERP system.

Your IAOM_ASSIGNMENTS table should look like this:

With the OBJNR you will find the PSPNR (or POSID) in table PRPS

best regards,

Peter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Peter,

I thank you very much for this information.

I'll try it and see if it works.

Regards,

Ayelet

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi again,

It worked. I found what I needed.

Thank you again for all your help.

Truly,

Ayelet

hanspeterbaier
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ayelet!

Perfect! Thank you for your feedback and feedback for the community. By the way you can mark the thread as solved, so that other users know that this issue is solved.

best regards,

Peter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Peter,

I'll surely do that.

Have a great day,

Ayelet

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Peter,

Regarding your answer to Ayelet about finding
the internal code, I Iam trying to find is there is an Extractor with the WBS for an item.

I looked for it in 0RPM_OBJ_LINK and in DPR_BW_OBJLINK but I do not get it.

Thanks.

Abraham

hanspeterbaier
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Abraham!

With the extractor 0RPM_OBJ_LINK you can only get WBS elements that are linked via object link to the item (origin table structur RPM_TS_R3_WBS_ID_EXT) as far as I know.

If you use accounting integration within cProjects (via Item-creation) have a look to extractor 0WBS_ELEMT_ATTR. The extractor shows you OBJNR from PRPS and the CGPL_GUID (CPR_GUID) for cPro-element.

regards,

Peter

0 Kudos

Hello Leonid,

the table RPM_OBJ_LINK is used for Portfolio Management. If the WBS element is linked to a cProjects project, please take a look at table DPR_OBJLINK.

If you know RPM_OBJ_LINK you should become familiar with DPR_OBJLINK very fast.

Regards,

Mathias