cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Triggering an action via a rule - Agentry

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi;

I am working on SAP Work Manager 6.0 customising, using Agentry 6.1.3. I have this loop action that I am using to find an object within a collection with field B stamped "X" and when it does find it I would like the value of field A within the same row in that collection to be printed to the screen. Now for this action to execute, I need to trigger it, how best can I trigger an action via a rule in Agentry, in such a way that the rule runs the action and stores the value of field A on a row where field B is X and then concatenates this field A value for printing on the screen?

Your input is much appreciated!

Thanks and Regards;

Sizo Ndlovu

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

jason_latko
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Sizo,

I'm not following your question: "Trigger an action via rule in Agentry".  Please simplify for me what you are trying to do?

Jason Latko - Senior Product Developer at SAP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jason;

I have a collection of crew members, among which there is an inspector, who is identified by a field inspector which has an indicator of "X". Now, I would like to print on the Main menu screen platform caption, the Inspector name, using a rule, so the logic would be to say loop through the crew collection and print the person name where inspector field is X. My thinking was that, in order to loop through the collection to find the inspector name, I need an action, and for a platform caption, the only way of triggering this action that loops through the collection to look for the inspector, would be to have an action being executed within the caption rule.

I hope its clearer now!

Thanks and Regards;

Sizo Ndlovu

jason_latko
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Sizo,

You will not run any action.  Instead of typing the caption on the screen or platform, click the ellipse to set the caption via rule.  Add a new rule "FormatInspectorCaption" or something.  Rule should look something like this:

CrewMembers Collection -> First Object where "SearchInspector" rule is true -> InspectorName property

Set this path using the object browser in the rule editor.  Right click the collection to get the option for find by rule.

SearchInspector looks like this:

EQSTR

CrewMember Object -> Inspector Property

X

The main rule will loop over the collection using SearchInspector to find the row you want, then will pull the InspectorName from that object and display it on the screen caption.

Jason Latko - Senior Product Developer at SAP

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

So you already have on your screen, you are just trying to limit what is shown?

If you are using a List View, or List Tile View, then you don't need to loop through the collection, the Agentry Client will go through the Collection define and check to see if there is an include rule.

In the Include Rule, you can go:
- EQSTR

- - Field B

- - X