cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to set plant to all WBS when creating Project using Copy Standard Project (CJ20N)

former_member198942
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello
I have created standard project with several WBS. Now I want t o create operative project in CJ20N by copying standard project. While copying I want that the system allows me to define the plant for which the project is created and it gets automatically copied to project defination and all WBS elements. Since I have around 30 plants, I havent maintained any default plant in Standard project. How I can achive this requirement to specify the plant when creating project so that it is automatically copied to all WBS.

Murad

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Murad,

I can see three viable options over here. If you are using the same plant across the project structure (on all the WBS elements) you can then go with the suggestion Saurabh suggested (Defaulting it in the project profile itself).  In addition to writing a substitution rule at the PD level, you can also go ahead with the option of mass change in case you have created a project(by copying from an operative project already with some default plant.)? Is something stopping you from carrying out mass change? Please let me know.

Thanks

Varun

former_member195427
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Murad,

The easiest option looks to me to default plant for new project and WBS is defaulting it via project profile itself. Or You can substitute it based on your project type etc.

Let me know if there is any concern in that.

Regards

Saurabh

sammar81
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi  Murad,

You can do it by writing a simple substitution rule in OPSN. Just Pass the Plant at Project Definition to the WBS element.

Select the Field - Field Assignment while writing the substitution. This will solve your issue. Once you save the newly created project system will automatically take the Plant which is maintained at the PD Level.

Hope it helps..

Regards

Sammar

sanilbhandari
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi

You may want to create a project first through CJ06 and than create the WBS Elements through CJ02. In such a case, the plant gets copied to all levels of WBS from the project unless you change the same.

Regards

Sanil Bhandari