cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

notification origin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

When I close the notification, I get a popup to choose if its internal or external origin. I need to get more detail as to who is reponsible for the defect. For eg if its external then it could be the distributor, the manufacturer, the transport agency and if its internal it could be someone at receiving, someone in the warehouse. How do I record that ? Ideally I would like to assign the actual vendor, manufacturer, transport agency's ID or the internal person's ID who caused the actual defect after the notification is complete. How is the best way to do this so that I could run reports on that and see who is giving me maximum number of defects ?

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Typically, you would add partners to your notification.  These are highly customizable.  The main issue is that you need to maintain parnter numbes for all your employees, customers, vendors, etc.. who could be linked to a notification.

anand_rao3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Check if you can use defect location code groups for this. If you refer to QM15 report following texts and codes are visible.

1. Code group of Defect Location
  2. Code Group description of Defect Location
  3. Code of Defect Location
  4. Code description of Defect Location

Above set will be common (for logic) for catalogs of defects, causes, tasks, activities at item level and coding at header level.

What I can suggest is to explore whether all these have been properly utilized or not and try to set the logic of codes so that the individual code or code group will make some sense for reporting.

I doubt at the last instance of notification closure it will be possible or not but I can give 1 example by which this can be mapped. Create 2 code groups- One for Internal Origin and another for External Origin  under defect location catalog. The agencies responsible for externals factors would be the codes of External Origin code group. Same way for internal.

Else you need to go with custome screen mapping and new Z table creations to store the information. When you click on internal or external radio button at the time of notification closure it will take you to different screen say vendor code screen from where you can choose required entry. Earlier option is more advisable, I would say!

Anand

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Pop up at the end of notification will give you th idea whether your notification belongs to internal activity or external one. Secondly, if you want to assign vendor,manufacturer orany other third party in loo you need to set up the Workflow and maintain there mail ids in masters like in Vendor master, Customer master etc.

Defect recording ad tracing of activity is purely the part of QM- QA deptt. and performing the corrective task and activity is purely the responsibility of concern Deptt.

Regards