Did you mean: 

File Content Conversion Issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

My Scenario is File to FIle having  Sender  .CVS using File Content Conversion

The sender file is coming below as an example,

a,b,"c,d,e",f

Here I need to consider Double code value "c,d,e" as a single field value using File separator as COMMA(,)

Please guide me how to achieve this type of file using FCC with file separator COMMA.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member191435
Contributor
0 Kudos

hi krishna,

As luis uggested use enclousure sing in option. it will work in your case.

Thanks,

Sreenivas

former_member184948
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Krishna,

As luis said you have to use NameA.enclosureSign parameter in content conversion.

and give value as "

so what it will do is , start reading the data from " and treats that as one value even when it encounters a field seperator it ignores that and stops reading only when it comes across " again.This would given you only one value in field containing eve the field seperators. e.g c,d,e

Since you have both start and end sign as " . do not use NameA.enclosureSignEnd, by default it will take " as end sign

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dilip,

We had a similar problem where the name for eg: "John,Smith" when written into a .csv file were considered as "John","Smith" as two different entities instead of one. The solution was we used  the character quotes " before and after the name field  message mapping before it is sent to channel for .csv conversion as shown in the screenshot. Now it is treated as one single filed instead of two.

Hope this helps!

Thanks,

Divya.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi.

Let me guess If I understood , a, b , (c,d,e), f  - they are 4 single field.

I'm not sure but you can try with .enclosureSign parameters.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw73/helpdata/en/44/6713ec3f914ddee10000000a1553f7/content.htm

Regards