Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installing SAP Fiori with Embedded Deployment

ChristoA
Explorer
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

We are planning on installing SAP Fiori for a pilot. We plan on using this option :

• Embedded Deployment — Development in SAP Business Suite Backend System

Our System is a ECC 6.0 EHP4 system. Reading through the notes and blogs has confused me. I wanted to know if this was possible

1) Install Embedded Deployment on ECC 6.0 EHP4 system.

2) When I try to download the UI by going to the following link Installation and Upgrades -> A-Z Index -> M -> SAP Mobile Solution -> SAP Fiori, this is what I get

2015855 - Fiori Wave 1 product versions not available on SMP

Reason and Prerequisites

Compared to Fiori 1.0 (aka Wave 1), framework and architecture have been improved and enhanced significantly with the corresponding successor product versions X1 (aka Wave 2). Existing 1.0 (Wave 1) Fiori Apps have been enriched and additional Apps are being delivered with X1 1.0 (Wave 2).

Prerequisite for FIORI apps based on the improved architecture is SAP NetWeaver 7.31. For details please check Installation - Setup of SAP Fiori System Landscape documentation.

Does this mean I cannot  install Embedded Deployment Anymore on an ECC EHP4 system based on 7.01 ?

Appreciate you help on this

Thanks

Christo

Tags edited by: Michael Appleby

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

masa_139
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Christo,

Which apps are you going to implement? My quick reference may help you to find UI component name.

Fiori transactional apps quick reference - 5th release July 2014

AP Fiori - Add-on quick reference for transactional apps

Regards, Masa

SAP Customer Experience Group - CEG

ChristoA
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Masa,

we are planning on SAP Fiori transactional apps for SAP ERP 1.0. When I go to the central  note

1959274 - Release Information Note: SAP Fiori transactional apps for SAP ERP 1.0

There it takes me to a set of notes like - 2027160 - General Information: FIORI SAP Netweaver Gateway 2.0 Q3/2014

All these notes talk about Central Hub Deployment Option and also I was not able to find a guide for Fiori Install with Embedded Deployment Option.

Regarding the UI dowload this is what I found in Note : 1666368 - Installing UI add-on 1.0 for SAP NetWeaver

• Procedure for SAP NetWeaver 7.00 and SAP NetWeaver 7.00 Enhancement Package 01

You must download the required packages manually from SAP Service Marketplace. No stack XML is required for the installation.

When I go to download the UI it gives the message as in my earlier post.

Any help would be appreciated

Thanks

Christo

masa_139
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Christo,

Installation steps are same for both hub and embedded.

For embedded, SAP_BASIS should be higher than 731 SP05.

If you don't want to upgrade the ERP, you can take hub deployment. It means installing new NetWeaver 740 system as frontend server.

Setup of SAP Fiori System Landscape with ABAP Environment - Setup of SAP Fiori System Landscape - SA...

Regards, Masa

SAP Customer Experience Group - CEG