cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Traceability via batch characteristic

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have a customer requirement for outgoing certificate creation using inspections results of the raw material. In standard functionality it will always track back to the results of the first batch issued to the production order.

However, we need to know which batch was issued to to which finished good batch(each GR is a new batch)without having to create a production order for each batch. To do so we are tracking an original "coil number" which is somewhat like a serial number of the original raw material received in. We are using a batch management characteristic to track the "coil number." End users will scan the coil number from batch to batch throughout the production process.

I can not figure out using tables how to get from the finished good batch characteristic "coil number" back to the original GR inspection lot of the raw material. I considered using BMBC program RVBBINCO and trying to pick it apart to get the portion I needed. Can anyone else suggest a better solution? is there a BAPI that can do this.

Example:

PRD Order: 123

Raw material Batches

A-issued first to order 123

B-issued second to order 123

Finished goods Batches

C-Produced from A -need cert to display results of inspection lot for batch A

D-Produced from A -need cert to display results of inspection lot for batch A

E-Produced from B -need cert to display results of inspection lot for batch B

F-Produced from B -need cert to display results of inspection lot for batch B

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The issue you seem to have is that nowhere in SAP have you captrued the last information you put in your questoin.  Where in SAP is there any communication to SAP that "C-Produced from A" and "E-Produced from B"?

SAP can't read anyone's mind.  How is his tracked today?  Off line?

When the GR is completed for finished Batch A is done, is that when you create the batch?  If so, then you could use the config setting of "2 - Classification only in foregr.for mand.charac. (all batches)".  Set this for movement type 101.  (You could create a custom materia movement just for this if you want to.)

Logistics - General-->Batch Management-->Batch Valuation-->Valuation for Goods Movement in Inventory Management-->Activate Batch Classification for Goods Movements in IM

In your characeristic, (CT04), mark the characteristic as required.

Now, for each batch that is received, the operator should get a pop-up requiring them to put in a vlaue for that characteristic.  This allows you captue the info from the operator.

Then look at using EXIT_SAPLCHVW_001 (enhancement SAPLCHVW) to make a custom entry to the batch where used table for your new batch.  This should than allow you to use the standard produciton chain functionality of the COA.

If the exit won't work for you, you can set up a batch job to add the entries to the table, (CHVW).  Run it on a regular basis to look at new batches created in the past 24 hrs and add enteries to the batch where used table.

Craig

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I think executing a backgrnd job is not the correct one bcoz of lack of accuracy, you do one thing just use the user exit and use the production order chain, just use goods receipient fields where u need to put the Batch or any other prodn order. this field will be used to track the related batches and as said above for required charac. just make those setting and captured the data from the related prodn chain.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Craig,

For batch characteristics that is what we are doing. The operator is responsible for scanning the batch characteristic from one coil to the next and the characteristic is required.

Can you further explain how adding an entry with my batch characteristic to CHVW will help me link the finished good to the original batch inspection results?

Are you suggesting that I create a column Z_COIL to write the coil number to CHVW every time a goods receipt is done and this would allow me to use standard COA functionality?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am now thinking that we can Link AUSP and MCHA and search using ATWRT. This will give us all the materials with given characteristics. Then we search MARA, looping those material numbers to find the first Raw Material type. Choose that batch from MCHA and then find the inspection results.

Any suggestions are welcomed

Answers (0)