cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installing Sybase SQL Anywhere license keys after initial installation.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I installed Sybase SQL Anywhere 16 before I actually received the valid License Key. So during the installation I've used the license key provided by the instructions.  Afterwards, I've received the purchase license key.  Do i need to reinstall SQL Anywhere all over?  Or can it just continue to function on that license key?  From what i understand, I can not change the license key after the installation was complete.  I would have to completely uninstall and re-install SQL Anywhere 16. Is that correct?

Thanks

Aron

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

jeff_albion
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Aron,

I would have to completely uninstall and re-install SQL Anywhere 16. Is that correct?

No, you don't have to do this in SQL Anywhere 16 - you can change SQL Anywhere editions by changing the license key on the accompanying server executable license file (e.g. dbsrv16.lic) with the Server Licensing Utility (dblic). You can use the "-k" switch in order to specify a new key:

dblic -k <reg_key> dbsrv16.lic

Regards,

Jeff Albion

SAP Active Global Support

Former Member
0 Kudos

BH

Hi Jeff,

Thanks for your reply.    How can i check what license key is currently installed?

Thanks

Aron

reimer_pods
Participant
0 Kudos

You may use the DBLIC command line utility to view the licence file contents (cf. Jeff's mail):

dblic dbsrv16.lic

Answers (0)