Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Logo Problem with PDF extract in a report

tridip_chakraborthy
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,
When exporting any report to PDF from SAP Sourcing, where does the logo get picked up from.
Though we have maintained a specific logo in the login page, some other image is being picked up by the Adobe extractor report for any report across the modules, any leads would help, thanks Tridip

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Hi Tridip,

The PDF report layout is controlled by the Page Layout tab on the Report. There you can customize the PDF's header, footer and the page orientation.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Vikram

tridip_chakraborthy
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vikram, thanks for the inout, but I validated across reports and see that the layout tab is empty anyways, so where does the default get picked up from? or are you stating that the default is gibberish and we have to set this up indivuidually for each report.
Isnt this a global setting across reports? Request you to let me know, thanks a lot, cheers Tridip

0 Kudos

I'm guessing the logo you see on the PDF is not the same as the logo on any other page in the system. You may want to take a look at the system property below and see if you have it set.

Set: list_page, Property: list_page.logo_url

If this system property is set, it will apply to all PDF reports.

Regards,

Vikram

tridip_chakraborthy
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi vikram, these properties are not set by us, then where else do you think can it be taking the defaults from? thanks Tridip

0 Kudos

Ok. Have you checked at the system and enterprise level by logging in as system and enterprise users? You might have already, but just wanted to confirm.

tridip_chakraborthy
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vikram, I checked in both enterprise and system, this property isnt set anywhere? any thing else to check, please let me know thanks Tridip

0 Kudos

Thanks Tridip. Will do some testing internally and will let you know.

In the mean time can you go to File Attachment Container for both system and enterprise user and check if you see anything there?

Regards,

Vikram

tridip_chakraborthy
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vikram, I just validated the FAC, for both enterprise and system user, when i select the All option, i only see the excel containers that I have activated, no image paths exist there. so will wait for your expert advice, thanks Tridip

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Tridip,

this should explain some relevant details if you should not have found this before:

Query Groups: Default PDF Page Layout for a List or Report - Setup - SAP Library

and based on this I did indeed set a custom company logo (as Enterprise Manager associated to the user via the company) and did then however override this with a .gif file uploaded as a File Attachment Container (Images) with a relative path in the likes of "/images/<yourimagehere>.gif and thus got the default logo as I intended:

Does this help?

PS: If those properties are not set on either System or Enterprise level you`d have to set them. Remember it`d be either or. System would be overwritten by a specific Enterprise system property setting.

Regards,

Joerg Lippmann

tridip_chakraborthy
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Joerg, are you saying that though we have maintained the company logo on the Company config page, we have to go and maintain these properties using the enterprise user/ system user to have them embed on the report.
My primary question still remains open that where is the current image being picked up from?
If i can track that, then I would be able to search and replace with the intended one, cheers Tridip

0 Kudos

Hi Tridip,

We did some testing internally and have an idea what might be going on here but need some additional info. Both as system and enterprise user, could you check if any of the following system properties are set. If so, can you tell which ones are set and what the values are?

Set: userinterface, Property: buylogoimage

Set: userinterface, Property: selllogoimage

Set: system, Property: system.brand_logo.buyside

Set: system, Property: system.brand_logo.sellside

Also, could you check if the image you see on the PDF report matches the value on any of these system properties?

This area of the app has evolved over the years and unfortunately we have made it a bit complicated than it should be.

Regards,

Vikram

tridip_chakraborthy
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vikram, thanks for going that extra mile for testing this out and providing options to reach the desired end state.
I checked with both enterprise and system user logins following are my observations

Enterprise User

none of the properties that you mentioned are set

System User

Set:system Property:system.brand_about_imagevalue: /images/LEoD_ESO_About_Box.png           

Set:system Property:system.brand_logo.buysidevalue: /images/LEoD_ESO_Logo_Asset.png     

Set:systemProperty:system.brand_logo.sellsidevalue:/images/LEoD_ESO_Logo_Supplier_Asset.png

Set:system   Property:system.brand_name_image value:/images/favicon.ico             

these 2 are not set

Set: userinterface, Property: buylogoimage

Set: userinterface, Property: selllogoimage

I am having a challenge locating the images, can I view the path shown above from the front end Vikram? Do let me know, thanks Tridip

0 Kudos

Hi Tridip,

The system property values were not what I was expecting. At this point I think it would be better if you could create a message and attach the screenshots of the following screens:

- system property page showing the system properties mentioned earlier

- Attachment Container list page showing all image attachment containers

- Company screen showing the logo field

- Theme (if you have a custom theme).

In the message please add a note to assign the message to me. As a next step, we will review the screenshots and if needed will setup a call so we can take a look at your system. Sorry, it's taking longer than expected to resolve this.

Regards,

Vikram

tridip_chakraborthy
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vikram, am really glad that you are taking your busy time out to help on my specific issue, I will open the OSS, with this entire transcript summary and we can work on the follow-on, I will resolve this ticket in SCN for now, thanks Tridip

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Tridip,

as I did a little further testing on your issue I`d advise the following:

1) To locate the actual image used for this it`d use either:

a) the Company Logo that is associated to the (Parent) Company the user is associated with (if any)

(none given here - as such it does not default it from here)

b) any image uploaded to the File Attachment Container and set via system property "buylogoimage" in set "userinterface"

(note that the actual path will have an "/images" default in front of it.

I.e. your front end question is answered as follows:

<path to your SAP Sourcing server>/images/<imagename>

If this still doesn`t help you resolve this, as suggested by Vikram, please do follow up with a message via the SMP.

Regards,

Joerg Lippmann

Answers (0)