Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Implementing security(SSO SAML) for OData services

former_member184739
Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

Can anyone help me on securing all OData services present at SAP Gateway . Currenly I have used Basic authentication in all the apps.

I think its not a secure way to do because all the codes are easily vulnerable and can be taken via chrome developer tools(F12).

Since we are using web apps(HTML5) and mobile apps we want to go with "Browser-based Security Assertion Markup Language (SAML) 2.0 authentication" as this is recommended by SAP for both web apps and mobile apps. I also read in SAP documentation

that SAP Fiori used SSO SAML 2.0 to implement security.

Q1:Can you provide any documentation/how-to-guides to achieve this from both backend(BASIS) and UI(SAPUI5) perspective.

Q2:What is the approximate estimated timeline to complete this and deploy it in customer base?

Q3:Is there any prerequisites/challenges/complexities involved in implementing this?

Regards

Prabaharan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I would recommend looking in to OAuth2.0 for your mobile and web apps. I felt it was pretty easy to set up and everything is documented at .

masa_139
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Prabaharan,

Here are other reference documents.

Regards, Masa

SAP Customer Experience Group - CEG

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Prabaharan,

SSO configuration is not application specific. Also, it is such a big topic that can't be explained on forum post. In simple, it is a generic configuration that is done between you application server and a SAML ticket provider, and on additional components like Web Dispatcher / Proxy.

Check this Wiki

http://wiki.scn.sap.com/wiki/display/Security/Single+Sign-On+with+SAML+2.0+and+ABAP+Systems+Supporti...

Br,

Nadh