cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

work flow for composite roles

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello experts,

we are currently working on configuring MSMP workflows for access request creation.

The requirement is, whenever a composite role is selected in access request form for assignment, all the single role owners under the respective composite role should be notified for approval.

Is there anyway we can achieve this.

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

AndrzejP
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Challenging requirement...

I think the easiest way that comes to my mind would be to maintain Composite Role-  Assignment Approvers with all Single Role approvers (lots of manual work / even through mass operations), then change workflow stage setting for Role Approver to All Approvers.

That would fulfill your requirement (all of the role owners would have to approve), but as mentioned before it would require lots of manual maintenance for approvers, maybe others will come with the way to automate it without heavy customization...

Best regards, Andrzej

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Andrzej,

Thanks for your valuable inputs, requirement is satisfied.

But, all the role owners are getting approval notification for the composite role, not for the single roles under it.

Is there anyway we can set this like, all the single role owners are notified for approval, for the assignment of respective composite role.

Thank you,

Sai

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sai

I agree, challenging requirement.

I wonder why they are using composite roles if in the first place the approvals are based on the single roles. Try using role mapping. You will have to remap all the single role to the composite role but I think it will allow you to fulfill your requirement.

Thanks

Anthony