cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sales Order Reason for change

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All

I have a requirement where we need to add order reason as a warning message whenever users makes following changes in the sales Order using VA02:

1. Change the Order Quantity

2. Change the delivery date for an item or items

3. Delete a particular line item

4. Add a particular line item

I know it can be handled via VA02 user exit. I have listed following user exits will be helpful:

USEREXIT_CHANGE_SALES_ORDER

USEREXIT_CHECK_VBAK

USEREXIT_CHECK_VBAP

USEREXIT_CHECK_VBEP

USEREXIT_CHECK_XVBAP_FOR_DELET

Can you please let me know out of these which one are apt for my requirement and also if let say user makes a change once in the sales order and maintains the order reason before saving it, but how will it be taken care for changes done by the user on some other time. Basically how multiple changes will be controlled?

Looking forward to your response.

Cheers

Ravi

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

phanikumar_v3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you keep this order reason in imcompletion log, it will work.

But here the issue is sytem has to validate the order reason field if any of the above mentioned fields has been changed(as suggested, system will give warning in standard except for 1 & 4 options)

Here you can take the report from all the sales orders and differentiate the orders with the above

4-changes with order reason changes into a Z-table with your Abaper.(RVSCD100 program)

But here instead of going for enhancement you can very well control this with user discipline.

system is just an instrument who can help us but cannot think always the way we presume.

Suppose if a user has changed the order qty then he has to keep X as order reason--due to his ignorance he kept Y as order reason.Now system feels that data has been maintained no error in In-Completion log.

Still if you are so keen then you can very well maintain Z-Table with the expected Order reason and you can write a code in USEREXIT_SALESORDER_SAVE(Sorry i am not with SAP now) with your Abaper.

Hope this works and let us know if any.

Regards

Phanikumar

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Phanikumar for your suggestion. I will work with my ABAP person to develop a solution.

Regards

Ravi

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Your requirement is not clear.  Why do you want the Order Reason to be updated when some changes happened in sale order?  For information, whatever you listed above, in standard, system will give a warning message and have you tested this before posting.  Also let me know how system should behave by updating an Order Reason when one line item is deleted and one line item is added.

G. Lakshmipathi