Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Debugging deprecated procedure in rev80

patrickbachmann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi folks,

We recently upgraded from 72 to 80 and now I noticed I can no longer debug my deprecated procedures.  For example when I add breakpoints to any lines of my code the breakpoint gets a red X inside the breakpoint icon and if I mouse-over the icon I get error 'you cannot set breakpoints because you are not authorized to debug this procedure'.  Has something changed with security in relation to debugging in rev80?  Interestingly I can copy and paste all the code into a new hdbprocedure and debug works fine.  I have been meaning to move all my old deprecated procs to newer hdbprocedures however I've been procrastinating as I'm not clear what the difference is between the two procedure types.  So if you have any feedback on that difference it would be a bonus.

NOTE: Also if I debug deprecated procedure with old 72 studio it also does not work any longer (I cant debug with 72 or 80 studio now that db is upgraded to 80).

Thanks!

-Patrick

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

>Has something changed with security in relation to debugging in rev80?

Yes there is now an explicit DEBUG SQL authorization which must be set at the Schema or Procedure level. Although this was new in SPS07, actually. This requirement comes from the backend not the Studio.  See the Debugging Authorization Concept section of this blog for more details:

patrickbachmann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ahh actually we upgraded TWO of our servers.  One from 72 to 80 and the other from 68 to 80 which is actually in fact the one i'm using so that explains that mystery why it was working before.  Although I if I create an hdbprocedure it's not requiring me to set this explicit authorization.  It only seems to be for the deprecated.  Anyway reading through the rest of that post....  Many thanks!

-Patrick

Answers (0)