Did you mean: 

Error processing message

former_member188029
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

I've received the following error when attempting to deduct inventory from SAP:

"INSPECTION LOT CANNOT BE USED FOR DOCUMENT"

I've seen many messages but never this one.
Can you help?

Many thanks in advance.

Verroz

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member188029
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks to you all for your responses.  As it turned out, there really was not a problem with the postings, the background, job, etc., this was a user error, mixing batches during a pharma weighing. I though this unusual due to all the normal reversals and error corrections not working.

V.

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

How about some details on this?  What type of inspection lot?  01? 04? 08?  What inventory bucket were you trying to remove inventory from?  UR?  Sample stock?  Was this from a regular UD? Was it from an adjustment due to cycle counting?  etc.  etc.. etc..

Can  you screen print the error message and maybe give us the message number?

I can't say off hand that anyting comes to mind yet.

Craig

former_member188029
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks for the responses guys. I admit I wrote before I knew many of the facts, as I thought this would be a basic material in QI as a result of normal circumstances type scenario.

As it turned out, the material is in Q because a shelf life was allowed to pass, no insp. lot was created due to setup intentionally, and a behind the scenes background job put it in Q.

Normal MIGO, MBXX etc., type movements won't get it out. Normally, I'd reverse the Tx that put it there. This has worked, but not under this scenario.

I'm open to suggestions:

Material in QI due to batch job placing Unres material in QI.

Muxh Thanks

V.

former_member188029
Participant
0 Kudos

Much Thanks Craig, I apologize for getting caught up in the "WE NEED IT NOW" !! moment.

You've as always been a great help in here.

SAP Rocks!

V.

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Pretty tough question now.  Did that message come up as result of doing a MBST reversal or something?

What does your backgound job actually do to post the stock to QI?  Is it running an actual SAP transaction?

It almost sounds as if the program itself was doing some direct table updates/edits, like directly updating the MCHB table.  If that is the case, only a custom written reversal program would fix the issue.

Craig

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

No problem.  Understandable.   🙂

Craig

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi. Found only one OSS Note 558691 from SAP about the topic. Not sure if it applies to your SAP version. Please check and revert back. BR, Julio