cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Configure STMS & transports as a single system

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I configured STMS as a single DEV system, without QA and PRD. I have a requirement to import the transports into the DEV system, after copying cofiles and datafiles from another dev system.

Is it possible to move another system transports into DEV System, configuring it as a single system landscape. If it is possible, kindly provide the steps.

Thanks,

Mohi

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Matt_Fraser
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mohi,

Yes, this is possible and easy to do.  After copying the cofile and data file to the \usr\sap\trans\cofiles and \usr\sap\trans\data folders, respectively, go into STMS on your target system (your DEV system), and drill down into the import queue for the system.  While there, in the menu click on Extras... Other Requests... Add.  You will get an "Add Transport Request to Import Queue" dialog box.  In the Transport Request field, enter the number of your transport request.  It will have the format <SID>Kxxxxxx.  If you aren't sure what the number should be, look at the cofile you copied.  It will have a name something like Kxxxxxx.SID.  You can figure out from that what the transport number should be.

Regards,

Matt

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Matt. I have tried this, but the transports truck does not move.

The delivery system is DEV (which is single system landscape). There is no QA or PRD. After copy of cofiles & datafiles, the transports do not move to DEV nor does it create an import log.

Can you kindly advice, how to configure a single system landscape in such as way that the transport movement is possible?

madasamy_arunachalam
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

What you meant by "transport do not move" ?

Check here for Configuring Single Systems - Software Logistics - SAP Library

Also as per Matt's  update, the same transport request also can be moved from command prompt  or shell (on any OS);

from Command prompt,

1) add request into buffer (this step may not be required if added earlier - as per Matt's update)

tp addtobuffer <transport number> <SID>  pf=/usr/sap/trans/bin/<transport profile, i.e. TP_DOMAIN_<SINGLE SYSTEM SID>.PFL

2) then use below tp command to import the specific requests;

tp import <transport number> <SID> CLIENT=<client number> pf=/usr/sap/trans/bin/<transport profile, i.e. TP_DOMAIN_<SINGLE SYSTEM SID>.PFL

regards

Swami

Matt_Fraser
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Is your single system part of your overall transport domain?  If so, it probably uses the same \usr\sap\trans location as the rest of your landscape.

In STMS, drill into System Overview, then double-click on your single system.  Go to the Transport Tool tab and check the value for TRANSDIR.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Matt. The value of TRANSDIR is \\XXXSAP02YYY01\sapmnt\trans.

I have replaced client name with XXX and YYY.

Swami, the transport through command tool is not an option, since we have hundreds of transports.

Matt-

The situation is like this. We have production system, which was copied to a new prod system last week. Since last week, there were 100 transports that were moved to old prod system.

Now we want to sync the 100 transports of old prod system and copy them to new prod system and later remove the old prod system from the landscape.

divyanshu_srivastava3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Just to clear your doubts - transporting in bulk is quite easy from OS if your know the buffer order and dependencies.

Regards

former_member188883
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mohiuddin,

Please refer SAP help on the same http://help.sap.com/saphelp_46c/helpdata/en/44/b4a2067acc11d1899e0000e829fbbd/content.htm

Regards,

Deepak Kori