cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Personas: how to set the "Back" steping using Script button?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Personas Geeks,

In my Personas Main Screen, I added some Script buttons which lead to direct jump to some task screens I need, by such some steps used in normal SAP processing sequence can be skipped. Now if I press "Exit" or "Back" icons from that teh task screen, it will go back to the previous screen which is used in normal SAP processing sequence. Here the issue is: using Personas, we want to jump back to the Personas Main Screen when do back steping from any task screens that were launched by the script buttons.

Does anyone know how to control the back stepping path to direct jump back to the Personas Main screen? Thanks!

Dong Zhu

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

steverumsby
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You need to hide the standard Back button and replace it with a script button that does what you want. Either go back twice (or however many times is appropriate) or else use "/n".

Some people make this replacement button look like the standard one, some use a different label - mine look like this:

Steve.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Steve,

Thanks very much for your helpful input. Just one thing not clear - Now I go to some screen by clicking the script button I made on the "Personas Main Screen". How could I replace the standard Back icon (or button) with my script button on that specific screen? By writing some scripts? Please add more detail of doing the button replacement. Thanks a lot!

Br,

Dong

steverumsby
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can't replace the standard button. You can hide it and add a script button in its place.

In the Personas editor, just hide the standard button and create a new script button with a script that does what you need. Record yourself hitting the back button twice (or however many times you need), or typing "/n" in the command field. This is no different from the script buttons you have done already, I would think.

This script button can go on the standard toolbar in the same place as the now hidden standard one, or you can put it elsewhere. Personally I hide the whole standard toolbar to avoid confusion, and put my home button in the main screen. That's a UI choice for you to make.

Steve.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Steve,

Thanks for the tip. I added a script button recording the back stepping - it works with a little thing: the screen that was skipped was shown in a short time.

Anyway, can you explain more detail about how to set "/n" ? Where is the "command field" ? Set your answer as the Correct answer.

Thanks.

Br,

Dong

steverumsby
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I'm talking about the box where you type transaction codes. Type "/n" in there and you'll go back to the initial SAPgui screen. Record yourself doing that and put the script on a script button. In fact, my version of that recording is attached to save you recording it yourself. In the script editor it looks like this:

Steve.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Steve,

Many thanks!

Br,

Dong

Answers (0)