cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SMP Relay server log settings

0 Kudos

Hi All,

We are using the SMP 2.3SP03 version connected with relay servers.

My question is regarding the logs on the relay server side.

As we are all familiar, we can change the SMP log file settings (maximum file size,reset log when server restarts, e.t.c) from SCC.

Although there is no option on changing the relay server log file size using SCC.

The problem i am facing is the following.

Every once in a while, the relay server log file becomes very big for notebook to read and I cannot access my logs to trace and troubleshoot. The only solution to reset the log files is apparently to restart the relay server so new log files are created.

Is there any alternative to that?

For example, something changed in SCC to reset the log files when they are bigger than 10MB or create a windows process that does that.

Thank you in advance!!

George

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi George,

you can change the size of the relay server log by command prompt.

below screen shot explains:

Also, in rsconfig file, you can change the verbosity so that you can reduce the information in log files.

Thanks,

Shiv

0 Kudos

Hi Shiv,

Thank you very much for the response.

Even though I am trying to use the command to change the size, I don't get any confirmation that it was successful.

Is it possible you can provide an example of each one just for my reference on whether i use the command correctly?

I am attaching what I used and screenshots.

Thanks!!

George

command: after cd on the specific location, rshost -os 102400

Former Member
0 Kudos

the command used by you is correct. When i used same command to reduce log size and yes we dont get any kind of conformation. You can see and verify if the relay logs are now getting created to the the size which you have set.

Thanks,

Shiv

Answers (0)