cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need SRM Information

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all SRM Gurus,

I am worknig as a SAP MM/WM consultant since the past 7 yrs. I am interested in learning SAP SRM Module.

I would like to know information regarding SRM. The below are some of my doubts regarding SRM:

1.  What are the total topics in SRM?

2. How much time or months would it take to get a good grip on SRM?

3. Do we need to have a good ABAP knowledge before start learning SRM?

4. I heard that, the present version of SRM 7.0, if I am not wrong, is not as good as version 5.0? Is that true? Please let me know if it is safe to learn SRM 7.0 or shall I go ahead with SRM 5.0?

5. What would be the advantages for a MM/WM consultant like me, if I get a good knowledge and hands on experiance on SRM?

6. I was learning EWM but discontinued it as there aren't many projects running on EWM in our organization. Also, the support base for EWM is not as good as other traditional SAP modules and not many companies are in a position to afford EWM. Within my organization, I came across many clients who started implementing EWM aggresively, but gave up due to the complexity of EWM and most of them were happy with WM. So, if I learn SRM, will that be a good step for me?

My current client has SRM module implemented. I am looking after MM/WM related things, but I also want to learn SRM and handle the issues of SRM. Please clear my above doubts as I am unable to get these details from anywhere else.

Thank You all,

Umakanth

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Welcome. Please find comments.

Hello all SRM Gurus,

I am worknig as a SAP MM/WM consultant since the past 7 yrs. I am interested in learning SAP SRM Module.

I would like to know information regarding SRM. The below are some of my doubts regarding SRM:

1.  What are the total topics in SRM?

You can consider (1) Self Service Procurement, (2) Sourcing i.e. RFx and Auctions (3) Supplier Self Services - SUS (4) Registration of Suppliers (ROS) as submodules of SRM.

Supplier Registration - Supplier Qualification - SAP Library

Supplier Master Data Self-Maintenance - Supplier Self-Services - SAP Library

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_srm702/helpdata/en/74/344c430fab4d0bbc30996d56cc293a/frameset.htm

The documentation available in the net is good enough to start.

The SAP press book "The Consultant´s Guide to SAP® SRM" is very good to get a good grip on SRM.

2. How much time or months would it take to get a good grip on SRM?

No comments.

3. Do we need to have a good ABAP knowledge before start learning SRM?

In my opinion, it is very difficult to proceed beyond certain extent with SRM without a good ABAP and Webdynpro knowledge. 

4. I heard that, the present version of SRM 7.0, if I am not wrong, is not as good as version 5.0? Is that true? Please let me know if it is safe to learn SRM 7.0 or shall I go ahead with SRM 5.0?

Latest which you see mostly in market is SRM 7 Ehp3. You can see many customers who were using 5.0 is upgrading to the latest available version. 

5. What would be the advantages for a MM/WM consultant like me, if I get a good knowledge and hands on experiance on SRM?

certainly knowledge of MM helps for SRM because in general, the master data is replicated from ECC and you can find many transactions as interactive with ECC/MM.

6. I was learning EWM but discontinued it as there aren't many projects running on EWM in our organization. Also, the support base for EWM is not as good as other traditional SAP modules and not many companies are in a position to afford EWM. Within my organization, I came across many clients who started implementing EWM aggresively, but gave up due to the complexity of EWM and most of them were happy with WM. So, if I learn SRM, will that be a good step for me?

No comments.

My current client has SRM module implemented. I am looking after MM/WM related things, but I also want to learn SRM and handle the issues of SRM. Please clear my above doubts as I am unable to get these details from anywhere else.

Thank You all,

Umakanth

Answers (0)