Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Planning area lock Program

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We have to implement and i Need help for below:

Program has to be developed to lock the users to enter in to the planning book.

1. A program ZPLANNINGAREA_LOCK has to be developed to lock planning area based on the user groups, planning area and time. These checking will be done based on the Z – table ZPA_LOCK.
Z table will have the fields as below:
Client
Planning area
User groups
Timing
Program will be triggered based on the selection variant maintained.
To maintain the selection variant selection screen has to be created with fields
• Planning area
• User Group

This program will be included in the respective process chains to run automatically.

2. The second part of this program when executed with option Unlock users on selection screen, all the user groups will get unlock.

Thanks and Regards,

Ankit Bassi

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ankit,

There is one program which i am using in my project.

I will mail you at your emaıl id.

Regards,

Nitish Panchal

satish_waghmare3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Ankit,

Kindly refer this old thread. There are multiple replies by me on this exact requirement.  You need to work with ABAP'er to get this done. Hopefully this will help achieve.

Please let me know if you still have any queries.

Thank you

Satish Waghmare

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ankit,

It seems odd to me that you would want to lock a planning area.  Once the PA is locked, there is not much any user can do, including batch users or background processes.

I don't know the business requirements of your request.  Preventing users users from entering a planning book may not actually achieve your goals; there are other ways to access and modify a planning area other than entering a planning book.

Best Regards,

DB49

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi DB,

Recently we are facing lot of background job failures due to userlocks, so i thought to add one program before background job start so that it will kick out all user from planning book or change to display mode then after job completion again run other program to unlock.

BR,

Ankit Bassi