cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to check SAP Profile Parameters

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi expert,

I upgrade my oracle database from 10.2.0.5 ro 11.2.0.4 with the help of sap guide.  In the end of the guide, it tells me to check SAP profile parameters.

You have to check the following SAP profile parameters:

DIR_ORAHOM

DIR_CLIENT_ORAHO

DIR_SERVER_ORAHOME

1.Set DIR_ORAHOME and DIR_CLIENT_ORAHOME in the instance profiles to the corresponding values of the ORACLE_HOME environment variable of the , on the database server.

Where can I find these profile parameters?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

usually profiles are placed in /usr/sap/<SID>/SYS/profile. There you will see DEAFAULT.PFL, which is default profile. And also <SID>_<instance>_<server> (or something similar), which is instance profile. You should find parameters in these files.

Other possibility is to use SAP GUI and transaction RZ11.

Kind regards

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

fredrik_borlie
Contributor
0 Kudos

If you want to list all system parameters in a simple way you should run report RSPARAM

Start SE38 and then execute report.

This report lists all parameters, including the defaulted values not set in either default.pfl or instance profile.

divyanshu_srivastava3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Zong,

Goto RZ11 and get info for any SAP parameters.

Set DIR_ORAHOME and DIR_CLIENT_ORAHOME in the instance profiles to the corresponding values of the ORACLE_HOME environment variable of the , on the database server.

You have to check and update location in instance profile with value that of oracle_home env variable of orasid.

Refer basics: 949451 - Oracle 11.2.0: Database Upgrade To Release 11.2.0.4 on Unix (Quick Reference)

Regards,

Divyanshu