cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP SYSTEM COPY WITH MSSQL

Former Member
0 Kudos

hI

We have abap erp ehp5 system. we want to do the system copy  beacause we need exact clone of the existing system

we are using mssql2008r Data base and windows 2008r2 64 bit operating system. can any one guide me how to the system copy.

my question are

1. whats datbases are backup on the mssql

2. what are the next steps.

please guide me

regards

vreddy

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Veerareddy,

follow systemcopy guide

https://websmp201.sap-ag.de/~sapidb/011000358700001419132012E

Redards,

Deva

former_member188883
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Veera,

If you need exact clone of your existing SAP system, you may take Windows backup including registry and all the drives ( keeping application and database offline).

You may use native Windows tool or 3rd party tool to take this backup. Restore this image on target system to have same replica on the target.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Deepak Kori

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

thanks for the help. the thing  we have one system with having sap, i  install same os and db.

windows2008r2 and mssql2008r2. my question is how use copy my sap existing sap system new sap system. what are the steps i have  do.

regards

vreddy

former_member188883
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Veera,

In addition to system copy guide specified in response earlier, please refer to SAP note

683447 - SAP Tools for MS SQL Server

Regards,

Deepak Kori

Sriram2009
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Reddy

You have to follow steps and refer the SAP Homogeneous System copy guide

1. In your exiting system by using the SWPM you can do the source system export

2. Backup the Database in exiting system

3. In the new system Install the Windows 2008 R2 OS / DB MS Sql 2008 R2 with latest service pack & security update from Microsoft sites

4. Restore the database backup from exiting to new system.

5. Start the SWPM in target system to start import

6. Post system copy tasks

7. Refer the SWPM links

http://scn.sap.com/community/netweaver-administrator/blog/2013/03/13/sap-software-provisioning-manag...

SAP Software Provisioning Manager (SWPM) - Running SAP Applications on Microsoft Platform - Site Ho...

Regards

Sriram