cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SPROXY : No connection to ESR.Only local data are displayed.

former_member184948
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I know this question has been asked a few times in this forum, I tired reffering them, but still my issue did not get solved.

I have installed new PI system and now trying to connect PI with ECC.

I am getting error: No connection to ESR.Only local data are displayed..

an error has occured during communication with ESR

Things I did:

1)Have ceated SAP_PROXY_ESR connection of type G and path prefix /rep

The user used has role "SAP_XI_IS_SERV_USER"

when I test run it, it gives response 200 OK.

2)SPROX_CHECK_HTTP_COMMUNICATION.
HTTP communication contains errors

3)SPROX_CHECK_IFR_RESPONSE.
Requested Repository is down.

4)SPROX_CHECK_IFR_ADDRESS.

Connot determine Respository Version.

I am not sure what else needs to be done?

I doubt,is it because I created another RFC dest also of type H(HTTP Connection to ABAP System),PICLNT100_HTTP.

pointing from ECC to PI.path prefix given /sap/xi/engine?type=entry.(I am not sure if this RFC is needed for proxy connection)

Should we only create G type connection form ECC to PI? if we create H type also, does it conflict and cause this error?

Please post your answers.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (7)

Answers (7)

former_member184948
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Thanks for all your help.

The problem was in UME(user management engine ) of J2EE of PI.

We have used 100 as our client as against 001 default client.But the UME as using 001 for authentication, thats why there was problem in run time cache in PI  and sproxy in ECC.

Now that we have fixed it, this is also working

marksmyth
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello,

"1)Have ceated SAP_PROXY_ESR connection of type G and path prefix /rep

The user used has role "SAP_XI_IS_SERV_USER"

when I test run it, it gives response 200 OK."

- The SAP_PROXY_ESR destination must have a user with the role SAP_XI_IR_SERV_USER. SAP_XI_IS_SERV_USER is not the correct role here.

Regards
Mark

engswee
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Mark

The documentation on SAP Library states that it is the IS role.

Connecting ABAP Backend System to ES Repository - Configuring Process Integration After Installation...

To access the ES Repository, you have a service user assigned to the role SAP_XI_IS_SERV_USER .

Is the documentation wrong?

Rgds

eng Swee

former_member184948
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I checked at many places and found out at two errors.But not sure if this wil fix the issue.

In ECC

>> SM59>>SAPSLDAPI and LCRSAPRFC TCP/IP RFC connections not working or throwing error while doing test connection.

I am not sure if this is the reason why ECC is not able to get ESR content, because in notes 1759641 its written: "In older releases, the LCRSAPRFC SM59 destination was used to get the ESR connection data. This has now been replaced with the SM59 destination SAP_PROXY_ESR" and not sure what is SAPSLDAP used for

and SAP_PROXY_ESR is working fine.

what is confusing is if these two RFCs are used to connect to SLD then i should not be able to connect to SLD, but SLDCHECK runs fine and sldapicust test run also works fine.

SLD_NUC and SLD_UC also working.

former_member220103
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

The problem is with the Gateway Host and Gateway Service. You have to maintain the GW Host and Service values properly.

Thanks,

Kanda

former_member220103
Active Participant
0 Kudos

In PO, Go to SLD --> Administration --> Data Supplier Tab

You can find the Gateway Host and Service values.

Provide the same values in the RFC Destination of LCRSAPRFC and SAPSLDAPI.

Maintain the Program ID LCRSAPRFC_<SID> in the above RFC destinations.

Keep the Default Gateway Value Radio buttons in Start Type of External Program and CPI-C Timeout menu is set.

Thanks,

Kanda

former_member184948
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Kanda,

but in SLD>>Administration>>Data supplier>>I can only see data supplier targets

I am unable to see Gateway host and service values in in SLD of PI.Where to check this exactly ?

Also , I am using PI7.4 dual stack.

former_member184948
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hey I checked in

SAP netweaver administrator>>SOA tab>>JCo RFC Provider>>here all the RFC has gateway as "localhost" and service as "sapgw$$".

Is this correct?

former_member220103
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Yes. You ask your basis to maintain the same gateway host and service across all the places.

It should work then.

Thanks,

Kanda

0 Kudos

Hi ,

You have to ABAP server gateway details maintain  in JCO PI.

Goto ---> ABAP server--->SMGW(t-code )  collect details...maintained in program ID in sap pi .

As to basis team to adjust...

Thanks,

Naveen

former_member184948
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Kandasami and naveenkumar,

The basis guy tried changing the value of GW from default "localhost" to PI host name , but still the RFC dest in ECC (LCRSAPRFC and SAPSLDAPI) are showing error.

Infact after changing the values the RFC dest in PI which were working fine until the change also started showing error.

Also, i went to smgw there i can see Local LU name and remote LU name .Which amongst them should be entered in hostname of GW.and TP name is sapgw00.

0 Kudos

Have you adjust repository configuration also...?

Next tab to server configuration.

we have to maintain into two program id's in java stack

LCRSAPRFC_XXX

SAPSLDAPI_XXX       

XXX = ECC instance name

Thanks,

Naveen

0 Kudos

Go to SM59 and open HTTP Connections to ABAP System for particular ABAP instance check the host ID(ABAP instance), service no  ,path prefix for integration engine( should be same as IE configuration under SXMB_ADM tcode in ABAP instance)

Thanks,

Naveen

former_member220103
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think your PI system is of dual stack. Then you can follow the below steps:

1) Start Transaction SM59 and check if following configurations exist:

• SAP_PROXY_ESR under HTTP Connections to External Server.

• XI_INTEGRATIONSERVER_(SID - system identifier) under HTTP Connections to ABAP System.

• LCRSAPRFC under TCP/IP Connections. Specify the program ID similar to the one created under Jco RFC destinations (LCRSAPRFC_, where SID - system identifier)

• SAPSLDAPI under TCP/IP Connections. Specify the program ID similar to the one created under Jco RFC destinations (SAPSLDAPI_, where SID - system identifier)

2) Start transaction SLDAPICUST.

3) Enter SAP XI hostname, port, XI user ID, and password.

4) Start transaction SXMB_ADM.

5) Expand Integration Engine -> Configuration.

6) Click Integration Engine Configuration to edit global configuration data.

Under Global Configuration Data, enter:

• Role of Business System - Application System

• Corresponding Integ. Server - dest://(H Type RFC destination mentioned above)

7) Click Specific Configuration. Enter the following:

• Category - Runtime

• Parameter - IS_URL

• Current Value - dest://(H Type RFC destination mentioned above)

😎 Run SLDCHECK command in SAP R/3 and it should display that the connection is successful

Hope it helps you.

Thanks,

Kanda

former_member184948
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Also , is it neccessary to have the user name set in the G type connection same as what we have in

com.sap.aii.applicationsystem.serviceuser.name in exchange profile?

Because for time being I have used PISUPER as the user in G type connection(also gave it  SAP_XI_IS_SERV_USER role ) where as in

com.sap.aii.applicationsystem.serviceuser.name I have PIAPPLPID.

Should the two users be same?

markangelo_dihiansan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Dilip,

Setting it to the same user as the one in the exchange profile is not necessary. Your PISUPER username (service) should work.

Regards,

Mark

markangelo_dihiansan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Dilip,

This is based on my personal experience: In SXMB_ADM -> Integration Engine Configuration, that is where we specify which SM59 destination to use. In our case it was a type H e.g dest://TypeH

When someone created a type G SAP_PROXY_ESR, we started getting the no connection to ESR error and had to remove it.

Regards,

Mark

former_member184948
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Mark,

Actually even I think only one of that needs to be used , but not sure which one.

Even I did that configuration, In ECC >> sxmb_adm>> I set Business system as application system and have given corresponding integration server as dest://TypeH.

this type H is also working fine.

let me try to delete G type connection and see if its able to connect then.