Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Role Mapping - GRC 10 - Query

madhusap
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have few ECC roles mapped with BW roles.

When user selects ECC role, BW roles are automatically getting added in the request and user is submitting the request.

But Is it possible that user will not see the mapped roles, but after request submission only approvers can see the mapped roles in the request.

Is this possible? Is there any configuration for this available in GRC 10 or Do we need to go for enhancement with the help of ABAPer?

Please suggest.

Regards,

Madhu.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

alessandr0
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Madhu,

you can use parameter 2011 for your requirement.

Role – The application uses the role attributes to determine the relevant default roles and adds the default roles at the time the user adds the roles to the request. That is, the user does see the added default roles at the time they create the request. You define the relevant role attributes in parameter 2012.

Request - The application uses the request attributes to determine the relevant default roles and adds the default roles when the request is displayed for the approver. That is, the user does not see the added default roles at the time they create the request. You define the relevant request attributes in parameter 2013.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Alessandro

former_member187795
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Alessandro,

We also have similar issue with role mapping.

I understand that default roles can be hidden for requestor view using the parameters mentioned. But Is it possible to hide mapped roles which we maintain as part of role mapping in the same way as mentioned for default roles?

I will give a try and get back to you on this.

Regards,

Sai.

alessandr0
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sai,

not sure if I understand your question. You would like to hide the default roles, which are automatically mapped, from your role selection screen? If so, yes this is possible.

Regards,
Alessandro

former_member187795
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Alessandro,

We have Role Mapping feature as shown below in GRC 10.0.

When I maintain mapped roles for the main role here. When the user selects main role, mapped roles will be automatically added to the request and requestor can see the added mapped roles in the request. But is it possible that mapped roles added are visible only to the approvers and not the requestors?

Regards,

Sai.

alessandr0
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sai,

I don't think that this is possible with standard customizing. I will try later but I don't think so.

Regards,

Alessandro

madhusap
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Alessandro,

Thanks for the information.

My query is same as posted by @Sai

Regards,

Madhu.

0 Kudos

Hello,

Whatif the requirement is otherway around?

Users can see the mapped role but approvers should not see the mapped roles while approving

Answers (0)