cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MDG Cost Center Hierarchy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

There is some confusion at my end regarding MDG Cost Center Hierarchy.

1. As confirmed on one of SCN thread. MDG creates Standard CCH and not alternative CCH.It creates confusion in my mind as per our FI consultant there is mandetory requirement for assifnment of standard CCH to controlling area in configuration node only. So If I creaate new MDG CCH it becomes Standard CCH in ECC. Will it replace existing assignment of existing Standard CCH to controlling area in ECC?
  2. For CCH replication as per SAP help document on link Request Cost Centre Group Hierarchy Replication - SAP Master Data Governance - SAP Library says that as below

MDGF uses asynchronous SOA services for the distribution of approved master data changes. For data replication from MDGF, a corresponding

replication request service is called to update master data'

Prerequisites

• SOAMANAGER configuration has been completed and is working.
  • Outbound implementation is available:

SMT Mappings are available and/or relevant Business Add-In (BAdI) methods are implemented.

• Customizing for the data replication framework is maintained and is complete:
    • DRF application is defined in DRFIMG.
    • Proper outbound implementation is assigned to DRF application.
    • SMT mappings for relevant entity types are assigned to DRF application.
  • Edition with data for CostCentreGroupHierarchies has been released in FIN-MDM for distribution

Is it not possible to do CCH replicaton using ALE setting only with message type COGRP1?

Can you explain meaning for SMT mappings for relevant entity types are assigned to DRF application?

Is this meant that we need to define DRF structures for MDGF?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member206605
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Sanjay

I am not clear what exactly you are looking for. There are 2 different methods you can replicate hierarchy. IDOC or SOA. You set up either IDOC or SOA for hierarchy replication.

The Hierarchy assignment to controlling area is must and at a time you can only operate with one hierarchy. If you want to change it, you have to change the configuration.

In MDG you have the same config. If you create a different hierarchy it will not overwrite the current one but will throw the error in ECC.

Kiran

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kiran

Do you mean to say that MDG CCH is somewhat Static in nature as it creates Standard Hierarchy and not alternative hierarchy?

So even though Std CCH created in MDG throws error while replication in ECC if there is already existing assigment of different std CCH with controlling area in ECC customization.Is It correct?

former_member206605
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Sanjay

Yes. You can create only 1 hierarchy from MDG. Alternate hierarchy is not possible from MDG.

System will throw error if there is any difference - a slight difference also in ECC and MDG hierarchy. It has to be same.

Kiran

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kiran

This means that if we need to define controlling area then we need to creat Std CCH and assign it to Controlling area in ECC. Then what is use of CCH creation in MDG?

Can we say that it is very rarely used before creating controlling area in ECC?

former_member206605
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Sanjay

You have to first set up controlling area. Assign the CCH to it as its a standard config. Then you can build the hierarchy in MDG and replicate. But initial config has to be in place in ECC. Otherwise system will throw error.

Kiran

former_member206605
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Sanjay

To replicate the CC or PC hierarchy, try this method and let me if its working with ALE replication - workflow temp 40.

1. Create a Change request type should have all objects - e.g for CC - CCTRH / CCTRG and CCTR.

2. Now create a change request and add cost center which you want to assign under the group. - should be part of specify objects.

3. Submit the CR and then use collective processing. Create a CC through collective processing - use the one which you have updated in the CR.

4. Assign the CC under group and submit.

Upon approving this request, your entire hierarchy will get replicated through IDOC and the same CC will be available in KE53.

Try this and let me know.

Kiran

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kiran

If I done intial configuration in ECC with controlling area and assignment of std CCH (Say 1000 as CA and assiged CCH is 1100). Now If I create MDG CCH 1200 for CA 1000,replication must throw the error,correct? If Yes, my question is where we need to create CCH 1100? Is it in ECC in same confiuration node while defing CA?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kiran

I created blank CR with specify Object for CC.

After that I assigned CC to Std Hierarchy that exists in ECC (By uploading it in MDG), and approve the CR. I can see CC created as per blank CR but unable to see it's assignment in KSH3 to std CCH. Any clue?

michael_theis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kiran,

I'm wondering why you're saying that you cannot create alternative hierarchies in MDG? In MDG you can create as many hierarchies as you like. The only thing that you should make sure is that one of them is indeed the standard hierarchy of the target SAP ERP system.

Best regards

Michael

former_member206605
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Michael

Agree. You can create any number of hierarchies in MDG but at a time only one get assigned to one controlling area. That is what I wanted to say.

Kiran

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Micheal

Thanks for clarrfication.

Do you mean that we nned to create std CCH in config node for creation of CA in ECC only, No need to create it in MDG?

And we can use MDG created CCH as alternative hierarchy only so assignment of a\lternative Hierarchy ( Created in MDG) and MDG CC is not displayed in KSH3?

Means can we say that MDG created CCH are alternative CCH only. If no, Can we able to differtiate MDG created hierary as Standard and Alternative? 

former_member206605
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Sanjay

To get the CC updated in KCH3, you have to provide the CC value while creating the blank CR.

Kiran

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kiran

It is already provided while creating blank CR under Specify Object

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kiran/Micheal

It created one CC (3569) for controlling area(1000) and already existing Std hierarchy 0001 ( Both in ECC as well as MDG) in collective processing and assigned under std CCH 0001.

After replication I can able to see CC in KS03 but it is not assigned to Std CCH in KSH3.

Is I missed something? as SLG1 log says as below (eventhough IDOC replication method is used)

1. Change request 000000000154 uses services for replication: full replication
    only

Message no. USMD_XI_PROXY024

Diagnosis

You want to replicate change request 000000000154 directly (using
     enterprise services). When change requests are directly replicated
     (regardless of the current settings in DRF Customizing), the replication
     is always done completely. This is because the system normally cannot
     determine an unambiguous delta set of data.

1. Filter object F_CGHRY - Cost Center Group Hierarchy: end result of filtering 1

Any help?

former_member206605
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

So finally the CC is there in KSH3 but you can't view it in hierarchy right? You are using services to replicate the hierarchy right? Please wait as system takes some time to replicate the changes.

Also check in the hierarchy nodes - ask your FI consultant to find out CC from hierarchy option. May be it is unassigned under std hierarchy node.

Kiran

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kiran

Why we need to replicate Std CCH again. It is already in ECC assigned to controlloing area.

I upload it MDG and create new MDG CC and assign it to Std CCH which is available in MDG ( Same as per ECC). After replication MDG CC  is shown in KSD02 but not in KSH3.

(I configured also IDOC method for CCH replication not servises in DRFIMG)  and MDG CC is created yesterday only. How much time it requires to display it under Std CCH node?

former_member206605
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Sanjay

You have hierarchy in ECC and same is in MDG. Now as and when you create a new record, the entire hierarchy will get replicated irrespective of whether you have hierarchy in ecc or not. This is how replication work.

Kiran

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kiran

Do you mean to say that even if Std CCH exists in ECC will be updated once,s MDG slected CCH is there in change request? How we byforget Std CCH and Alternative CCH in MDG then. Otherwise if we create MDG alternative CCH then after replication Std ECC CCH will be replace with that also.

Are you mean to say that even i\f we assign MDG CC to MDG Std CCH in single CR then after replication ECC std CCH will be replaced by MDG std CCH?

Former Member
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Madhu

My bad. I am unable to create CCH by single processing.

After approval of CR it stores in MDG table but give error log in SLG1 as per below

Change request 000000000154 uses services for replication: full replication

only

Message no. USMD_XI_PROXY024

Diagnosis

You want to replicate change request 000000000154 directly (using
     enterprise services). When change requests are directly replicated
     (regardless of the current settings in DRF Customizing), the replication
     is always done completely. This is because the system normally cannot
     determine an unambiguous delta set of data.

1. Filter object F_CGHRY - Cost Center Group Hierarchy: end result of filtering 1

eventhough IDOC communciation method is selected for replication model and not able to generate IDOC as well

bpawanchand
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sanjay,

I guess there must be some discrepancy in the way how your outbound implementation has been configured.

When I tried to verify with in the system It is clearly defined that it  For replicating CCG HRY it uses the outbound implementation

1110 replication channel is using web services , additionally a service operation is also maintained 1011 finally it is using BO TYPE 897.

Did you create a new BO type and any new outbound implementations stating it should use ALE IDOC. Can you please provide the screen shots of your BO def. and Replication model Def.

Regards

Pavan

Message was edited by: Pavan Bhamidipati

Former Member
0 Kudos

Here you go.....

former_member206605
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Sanjay

Please check business object settings and let me know the message type you have assigned.

Kiran

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kiran

There is no entry even though CC/PC/GL are replicated successfully

Does it require to degine message type for CCH/CCG \etc? Also as per SAP hypertext ( Display Hypertext) it is optional setting

former_member206605
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It has to be there. The the replication work properly. Add the entries for CC and try it.

Kiran

Former Member
0 Kudos

Unable to get you, Are youm saying that if no entry is maintained we can not do CC or PC replication also.

And it is regarding replication of CCH and assignment of existing CC in ECC to CC which is also existiong in ECC.

former_member206605
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You have to assign the message type to respective objects. Without that how the data will transfer? This setting is must. Refer to the sap documentation as well.

158 - COSMAS

895 - COGRP1

896- COGRP6

Kiran

Former Member
0 Kudos

That is what my question is .

There is no entry for 158-COSMAS,or PC or GL also but It is replicated successfully. Then why it needed for CCH only?

former_member206605
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Not sure but as far as I am aware, this is must for all.

Kiran