cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Generate MDG Data Model-Specific Structures while extending MM structure is running with no end result.

former_member182534
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Exerts,

I am new to MDM. I am trying to extend MDG-M with a field. I am using a standard document "SAP How-To Guide: Extend MDG-M Data Model by a New Entity Type (ERP Table, Reuse Option)" Version: 1.0

In this document I am trying to generate MDG Data Model-Specific Structures while extending MM structure is running with no end result.

I had to kill it twice already it ran for more than 2 hours in the last attempt.

Am I missing any role or do i need to do any setting please reply what else details are required from my end to under stand the problem so that I could get a solution.

Cheers

Piyas

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Hi Piyas,

After adding an attribute or entity , then activating the data model please do the adjust staging area of linked changed request(CTRL + F12 ) if you missed this step.

Then try to generate the structures, it should work.

If still you are not able to proceed,

goto MDGIMG->Master Data Governance for Material->Clear Shared Memory Buffer & repeat the steps again.

Best Regards,

Kaustubh

former_member182534
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Kaustubh,

I Clicked on "adjust Staging" (CTRL + F12 ) but it gave me a message Staging not required.

And I tried to clear memory but did not find it. PFA the screenshot.

Can you let me know where else can i find it?

Cheers

Piyas

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member182534
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

I was tiring to generate structure for 5 fields simultaneously so I was not getting end result.

I tried generating one at a time it is generating but is really slow it take close to an hour to generate.

Is there any way to reduce the time?

Thanks to Abdullah and Sanjay for the inputs.

Thanks Kaustubh for the idea to clear memory did not find it but gave me the idea to do the generation individually.

Cheers

Piyas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Piyas

It is always preferred to renerate structure at Data Model level and not at indiviual entity type level .

It you added some custome fields then to reduce time  and increase performance you can indiviually renerate structures for that entity type only but it is not recommanded. You can check with your basis team for performance issue.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I assume you activated the data model with no problems, correct? Adjusting change requests is a good idea however not required.

To check whether you have a developer key as Sanjay suggested, go to transaction SE11 and try to create a data element or a domain named YTEST for example. If the transaction allows you to do so, then you already have the developer key. If the system asks you for a developer key, please provide one and then try to generate the structures again.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Piyas

You need developer access for regerating Structures

former_member182534
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sanjay,

I have SAP_All Assigned to my user and I think i have developer Access Key but I am not sure if the access key has full rights or not?

Can you suggest me how do I check my developers access key and its rights?

Cheers

Piyas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Piyas

Can you check with your basis team?