cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

notification catalog D

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am trying to find out the purpose of the coding calatog (catalog type D). Is it meant to be used to further classify a notification type? I could have multiple defects recorded on a notification and in that case how can I classify a notification besides it type by making use of the coding catalog code ?

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

anand_rao3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi GS, as per my understanding, there is no thumb rule, for what purpose coding catalogs should be used. Many organizations do use it, as per their suitability for departmental reporting purpose. In that way you are right that coding classifies the notification.

I put a small example here,

1. XYZ industry wants to classify the defects based on production line as they have several of it.
  2. They can not use defect location catalog as it was already used for some other purpose.
  3. Using coding at header level for this, solves the problem. They can now compare several notification types based on this as additional hierarchy.
  4. Major bifurcation of defects e.g. Electrical / Mechanical can be the another example where you can use it.

I would suggest if you can have a quality report in front of you that your quality department uses for analysis, you can decide better which fields should go for coding! Many reporting combinations are possible using QMEL and QMFE table for this, else you can refer to standard QM10, QM15 reports for further classification.

Regards, Anand

Answers (0)