Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inspection lot comparsion

former_member303755
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have two business process for quality management.

1. In the first type we have maintain inspection type as 89 and according manual inspection lot are been created for materials (ROH, FERT, HALB) and are been RR & UD are been done.

2. In the second type we have other material type(SPAR) whose inspection type is also 89, this is been handled by store department for spare parts quality check.

So the issue is this we are not able to compare the inspection lot report in qa32 for result recording. Please confirm how we can brifucate inspection lot between different material type.

Regards 

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

anand_rao3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can customize new inspection type say Z89 by copying 89, and use the same for SPARES material codes. Later remember to tick on preferred inspection type for Z89 in material master.

In QA32 you can very well differentiate now, based on different inspection type.

Regards, Anand

former_member303755
Participant
0 Kudos

But Anand I think new inspection type Z89 can't be created as standard system does not allow it.

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Inspection types can be created.  Inspection origins can not be.

Anand's suggestion is valid.

You could also consider using the 07 inspection type for one of the processes unless you actually do vendor audits and use them as part of vendor evaluations.  I find few people do them in SAP, (not sure why).  So you could re-purpose the 07.

But I think creating another 89 inspection type as Anand suggested is probably a good way to go.  The other suggestion using a material authorization could also be a possibility.  But I think the added inspection type is probably easier and cleaner.

Craig

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Better to use QM Inspection result cockpit i.e QGA2. where you can set your layout w.r.t Material type wise. Check QM settings at client level for this cockpit and set layout as per your requirement inspection lot comparison for different material types.

Regards

former_member184536
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

You can sort out ur problem in two ways.

1) Create a QM Material Authorization and assign it for all SPARE  material type and then in QA32 in dynamic selection you can filter out on the basis of QM Material Authorization

2) Go to MM60 to take out the list of all spare material type and assign all those materials in Material filed and make a variant of it. then ask store person to select only that variant of doing result recording.

Regards

Manish