cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RWB Error

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

In RWB when I click Compent Monitoring, Message Monitoring ... then I am getting this error:

<b> Error during communication with System Landscape Directory: User

credentials are invalid or user is denied access</b>

When I unlock the PIRWBUSER then it starts working...But again it is going to be locked daily once....

Due to this My Alerts are not working...

regards,

Anasr.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

1. When you change the password of the PIRWBUSER in su 01you will also need to update the password in the exchange profile. .

Next time , unlock the PIRWBUSER , change the password and then go to the Exachnge Profilea and also change the password for the PIRWBUSER here.

Now, you will no longer face an issue.

Regards

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

>>>>>When you change the password of the PIRWBUSER in su 01you will also

need to update the password in the exchange profile. .

I never changed the password of PIRWBUSER....In Exchange profiles and

everywhere it is same password only... with this PIRWBUSER and pwd i can login

to xi.

>>>Check the Alert config.may be trying to connect multiple times without proper user credentials.. so immediately it will be locked.

In AlertConfig...the RFC CentralMonitoringServer-XIAlerts -- having PIRWBUSER and correct pwed...

In SICF /default_host/sap/bc/bsp/sap/public/bc...having PIRWBUSER and correct PWB...

Where I need to change...?

regards,

Ansar.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

see the config

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/09/09/xi-alerts--troubleshooting-guide - Trouble shoot alert config

Regards

Chilla

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ansar,

Had this problem once. Coz I have used the User Id in a RFC connection and dint change the password there. So when ever, the RFC destination was executed, the Id got locked. Check in SM59, whether you have used this user id in any RFC destination.

Regards,

Jai Shankar

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ansar,

Like pinted by jaishankar, looks like the PIRWBUSER is being used in some connection / adapter somewhere and this has an iccorect password and this is locking the User due to incorrect login's.

Check what are the interfaces runing after the next tome you unlock this user , and then see if any of these interfaces are somewhere in some connection using the PIRWBUSER.

Regards

Bhavesh

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

ansar ref. the note i mentioned. it provided you various locations where the service user is used in XI. you could check if the pwd is correct in all those locations. maybe one of them is having a wrong entry and that might be the root cause.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I searched for the case....

I taken the trace of the backup file from the server "ALALERTS.DAT"... which describes the following description....

OLD_ALERT

NAME="\###\apollo_X11_01\R3Syslog\Security"

VALUE=RED SEVERITY=50 UID=114196 TIME=1175095477

REPORTED_BY="alxxappl.c" STATUS=ACTIVE

LAST_STAT_CHNG_AT=1175095477 LAST_STAT_CHNG_BY="alxxappl.c"

MSG_CLASS="SAP-SYSLOG" MSG_ID="US1"

MSG_TXT="Syslog ID = &1 (text = &2&3)"

TYPE0=CHAR_STRING VAR0="US1"

TYPE1=CHAR_STRING VAR1="PIRWBUSER Login Wrong"

TYPE2=CHAR_STRING VAR2=" Psign.c 4387"

TYPE3=CHAR_STRING VAR3=""

MANDT="001" SAPUSERID="PIRWBUSER " EXTLID="US1 20070328152437"

Here PIRWBUSER Login wrong message is there...Can we find from where it

was trigger....

>>>Bhavesh~Check what are the interfaces runing after the next time you unlock this user...

How to check what were the interfaces running ....? U mean in Message

Monitoring..then the Sender interfaces and Receiver Interfaces were running

correctly...they r showing as Successful..

Regards,

Ansar.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

It is happening because some jobs/rfc is using this user with incorrect password. Ask your basis guy to enable user trace to that you will come to know which rfc/job is creating this problem later on you can change user credential in that rfc/jobs.

alternatively you can try to check this in sap log.

Regards.

Gourav

---

<i>Reward point if it helps you</i>

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

already mensioned

<i>Check the Alert config.may be trying to connect multiple times without proper user credentials.. so immediately it will be locked</i>

Check some old alert with the wrong uid,pwd trying to send alert.remove the alert category.

Regards

Chilla

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Enable user trace for this user. This is the only way to caught culprit caller.

Regards,

Gourav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

How to enable trace for this user???

regards,

Ansar.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

goto sxmb_adm-- ie configuratio-- specific config -- change the trace_level = 3.

also see the below link

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/09/07/xi-why-dont-start-searching-for-all-errors-from-one-place

Regards

Chilla

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> goto sxmb_adm-- ie configuratio-- specific config --

> change the trace_level = 3.

What does this have to do with being able to access the RWB and to trace why the user is unable to log into RWB?

regards

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

>>>> goto sxmb_adm-- ie configuratio-- specific config --

change the trace_level = 3.

Now I made a new entry...Previously it was not there.... Now how to trace?

regards,

Ansar..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ansar,

As Bhavesh has explained above, this setting in SXMB_ADM will not help you to track the user. I guess you have to do this manually, checking the RFC destinations.

Regards,

Jai Shankar

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

you should be asking this question to Chilla. This has nothing to do with tracing why your PIRWBuser is getting locked.

All I would say Ansar is check everywhere ( St22, SALG1 ,SM 58 , your Trace files in the Visual Admin ), check where the PIRWB user is being used , maybe some bacground process is using it , and check if they all use the correct password. Somewhere it has the inccorect password and this is causing the issue.

Regards

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

see the above link to see the logs, by log , you can get the error.

chilla

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ansar,

Ask your authorization/basis guy to enable user trace. this trace is nothing to do with XI it is simply monitor all users activity so next time if your user get locked you know which job try to use this user.

I don't know exact transation. Maybe I'll try to find out with my basis guy. meanwhile you can use workaround to unlock user automatically: use BAPI_USER_UNLOCK to write wrapper and run it on every two three hrs and it will solve your problem.

Regards,

Gourav

---

<i>Reward points if it helps you</i>

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi guys,

U helped me a lot.... Manually I searched in all areas where XI Connection is there means in other applications like R/3 with different clients, BI, CRM,Solution manager and soon...

<b>But At last I found the culprit in XI itself.... One RFC Destination.... :(</b>

Which connecting XI itself.... I gone through RFC Trace there I found one RFC Destination having wrong pwd for PIRWBUSER....

Thx a lot for u r time...

Regarsd,

Ansar.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

In RWB When I clicked the Message monitoring I got the following error message,

'Error during communication with System Landscape Directory: User

credentials are invalid or user is denied access'

But after some time I did logout and login again, now it's working fine.

My question is why did it happen at that time and how its working now.

I have not done any thing exept logout and login again.

Many Thanks in advance,

Jitender

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

has the service user password been changed ?

i had a similar problem once when the password was changed.

Ref note 721548 to lead you to some hints

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check the Alert config.may be trying to connect multiple times without proper user credentials.. so immediately it will be locked.

Regards

Chilla