cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ARQ: How to configure Role Approve/Reject Email Notifications???

former_member184114
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I would like to achieve below for my business scenario with below MSMP stage configurations:

MSMS Stages Configurations:

MANAGER --> Can act on both request and line items level

Role Owner--> Can ONLY act on line items

Requirement

In best case, a Manager approves all the line items in an Access Request. Then an email notification mail for "NEW WORK ITEM" would be sent to Role Owner(s) at next stage. This is achieved.

Now at Role Owner Stage, below 3 cases are possible:

1. All Role Owners can approve the line items

2. All Role Owners can reject the line items

3. Some of the Role Owners approve and Some of them reject line items

In all the above cases, a Role Owner ALWAYS click on "SUBMIT" button (as he is not authorized to reject a request as a whole) and this action is considered to be as "APPROVED" and eventually, "APPROVED" event is triggered.

This looks good in case numbers: 1 & 3. Meaning, even a single role is approved, request can be considered as approved and the request details can be sent to business user.

However, I am facing a problem when ALL the line items are rejected by ALL the Role Owners!

This will surely close the request. However, the email notification that will be sent to user in this case will be of "APPROVED" though the request is rejected in a sense (because all the roles are rejected)!

Can anybody please he understand this and design proper solution?

Regards,

Faisal

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

madhusap
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Faisal,

We are on GRC SP13.

Please do below settings to make role approval/rejection comments mandatory.

2040 - Set this parameter value as YES

In MSMP - Role Owner - Stage settings - Please maintain these settings

I have come across the same scenario as yours. Below is my observation.

When all role owners rejects all roles by REJECTING roles at LINEITEM level, request instead of getting closed at ROLE OWNER stage, it is going to next stage and getting closed there. I assume this is standard behaviour

Let's see if we can get experts advise on this.

Regards,

Madhu.

former_member184114
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Madhu,

Thanks for your reply.

Let me tell you, "Forward" is not allowed in our environment as of now.

"Change Request Det." is also not allowed as Role Owners are supposed to simply approve/reject roles ONLY.

"Reroute", does not seem to be applicable to us as we are not letting people to reroute the request.

I am not sure if I miss above mentioned settings, what you say will be achieved.

Always, at ROLE OWNER stage, a request is approved as Role Owners click on "Submit" button and they dont have any "Reject" authorizations.

I am facing a little difficulty to map this scenario in system and sent "Approve" or "Reject" email notifications accordingly.

Regards,

Faisal

madhusap
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Faisal,

To have Role owner to Approve/Reject only Role Lineitems and not entire request.

Enable only below settings:

2040 - Set this parameter value as YES

In MSMP - Role Owner - Stage settings - Please maintain these settings:

Approval Level - Role

Rejection Level - Role

Comments Mandatory - Approval/Rejection/Both as per your requirement

"Change Request Det." is mandatory if you want to have Role approval/rejection comments validation to work. For this you can refer to SAP NOTE 1705653

Regards,

Madhu.

Answers (0)