cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OS / DB Upgrade from Win 2003 / SQL Server 2000 to Win 2008 / SQL Server 2008

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We are upgrading our Development server from MS SQL Server 2000 to 2008 using Homogeneous system copy method (Backup and Restore). Backup has been taken from source system and moved to target system as well.

I have installed MS SQL 2008 R2 server on windows 2008 R2 server and I have initiated sapinst. In Phase 2 (Define Parameter) it asking to choose Installation Method and I have selected Homogeneous system copy (MS SQL server Backup/Restore) method.

Next step, I have selected MS SQL instance name (Local host name by default), when I click next button immediately it showing one error message.

Attention
No suitable database exists on the specified database server.

Solution
Choose Back and select another database server.

Really I’m unsure about this error, even I have installed SQL 2008 serer on Windows 2008 server and I can able to login as windows authentication.

Please do the needful to resolve this issue.

Regards,

Vino

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Sriram2009
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vino

1. In Windows OS have you disable the Firewall & UAC?

2. Could you share the SAP Version details? before upgrade could you check the PAMhttp://service.sap.com/pam about your SAP Version supports MS Sql 2008 ?

BR

SS

S0007569354
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Vinoth,

If your source SQL server release is SQL Server 2000, please make sure that you apply SP4 to the system before you upgrade to SQL Server 2008 (R2). Please check the note 1152240.

Best Regards,

Sinan Isik