Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CO-CCA - RESPAREA as Org Level Value Issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

We converted RESPAREA as Org level value and maintained all Site level Cost Center Hierarchies (Top Node) in each derived role for their respective sites.

But when trying any Costing Tcode it is throwing an authorization error that user is missing authorization at cost center level.

I checked in OKEON and I can confirm that all cost centers/cost center groups are assigned to their respective site node.

As per my understanding if we give authorization at Site specific node to their specific sites, user should automatically get access to all cost centers under that node, but it is not working like that, in this case auth issue is getting fixed only if we give authorization to that particular cost center, but this is not a good practice.

Please advise me how to fix this issue.

Thanks & Regards,

BJ.

6 REPLIES 6

Former Member
0 Kudos

Jobs For wrote:

We converted RESPAREA as Org level value ...

Ouch, ouch, ouch.... You should not do that and if you do (SAP will not stop you except warning about the roles which already use this complex field...) then you have to be very disciplined about naming conventions in CO master data and are booby-trapped into keeping the objects sharing the field separate from each other at role level, as they will be cascaded, but they cannot be (except for the KS scenario is you only ever use that).

Basically you have created a mess. I don't thing that a discussion here can help you to be very honest, as you are going to have to rethink the whole thing. This might have impacted your role design more than you can imagine.

Just being honest - as you have an anonymous user ID description, I assume that is no problem for you...

Cheers,

Julius

0 Kudos

Hello Julius,

Thanks for reply, actually SAP did this for us in 2011 and it is working fine for all these years, we recently did a Basis bundle upgrade in March 2014 but no issues after that, and recently we did a refresh of our Dev/test environments with Production, since then this issue popped up.

Let me know if you need more details.

Thanks

BJ

0 Kudos

Then you must contact the SAP consultant who did this to you or invite them to this discussion here.

Cheers,

Julius

0 Kudos

Thanks Julius,

Will open an OSS message with SAP

Regards,

BJ

0 Kudos

Little tip: If the standard hierarchy is maintained in Production, then you must sync it together with the master data back to QAS and DEV systems. Otherwise authorizations don't work the same, additionally because the master data is different.

But as you are posting with an anonymous user claiming that SAP told you to do something rather strange, you must open a customer message with SAP using your own real S-account. They will help you further or also update this thread..

Cheers,

Julius

0 Kudos

BTW: I realized too late that you already had promoted the field and now a system copy broke it. I thought some SAP consultant told you to promote it, which broke it and then expected SCN to fix it... hence my reaction.

Sorry for the "flame thrower"...

Cheers,

Julius