cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How Rebate is processed

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

I have a doubt on how a rebate is processed. Can u explain me how the rebate request from the customer is processed by a sales organization. Is there is any Transaction to create rebate document, any approval/release strategy for rebate processing, and also how the customer is paid and by Fi Dept..

If u have any document for the same send it to my e-mail Id sap.james@yahoo.com

with regards,

James.

Valuable answers will be rewarded..

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member198268
Participant
0 Kudos

A rebate is a special discount which is paid retroactively to a customer. This discount is based on the customer's sales volume over a specified time period. It is a type of sales promotion used by marketers, primarily as incentives or supplements to product sales.

BEFORE you can create ‘Rebate’ agreements - YOUR ‘Sales Org’ has to create the ‘Settlement Materials’ for the Product Line.

The ‘Rebate Materials - Allocate the ‘Rebate Accumulated’ to the correct Product Line ‘Sales’ - THEY ARE FOR REBATES ONLY.

The transaction code for creating rebate is VBO1.

Here the rebate document is created for a particular customer ( the customer for whom rebate is allowed in the Customer Master data).

Steps to be followed to set up a rebate agreement:

1.VBO1-Create a rebate agreement.

2.VA01-Create a Sales Order

3.VL01-Create a Delivery

4.Create Billing document

5.VBO2-Settle rebate agreement

6.Approve settlement- Credit memo request is created

7.VF01-Create Credit note

Once this is done, At the end of the rebate period, you can evaluate what rebate the customer has accrued.

Within the rebate agreement we create separate condition records for each product the customer buys. These records specify the rebate amount or percentage for each product. You can also specify a pricing scale so that the customer can earn a better rebate by ordering more.

A rebate agreement is finally settled when you issue a credit memo to the customer for the accumulated rebate total.

Hope this helps.

I will send a document to your mail ID.

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sophia,

Please send me the rebate document as well: ben_axelrad@yahoo.com

Thanks,

Ben

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please check this link ;

<a href="http://www.sap-img.com/sap-sd/how-to-do-rebate-processing.htm">Rebate Processing</a>

Please reward if it helps.

Thanks & Regards

Sadhu Kishore

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vasanth

A rebate is a special discount which is paid retroactively to a customer. This discount is based on the customer's sales volume over a specified time period.In order for the rebate to happen

1) Make the customer relevant for rebate i.e go to change mode,,,, go to sales area data,,,,,, billing tab,,,,,here make a tick for rebate field

2) you make ur billing document type relevant for rebate

3) you make ur sales org. relevant for rebates.

4) then u create ur rebate agreement type,,,,, here u do settings according to ur requirement

5) then create a condition record for rebate,,,,,,, go to conditions ,, here mention accrual rate,,,, validity periods,,,,etc ,,,,, then go to scales,, here mention values

6) raise an order ,,, delivery ,,, billing,,,, and release the billing document to accounting.

7) Go to display mode of the condition record,,,,, here go to payment data,,,, here u can see the accuulated rebate total

😎 Then go for rebate settlement,,,,,,, system automatically creates credit memo request

9) raise credit memo,,,,,,,, with this complete rebate process is over.

Reward points if helpful

Regards

Prasad.G

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi James,

Sent mail. Hope this will help you

regards

Srini

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry i have not received any mail from you.. Pl's send me again the documents...

My mail Id is sap.james@yahoo.com

Former Member
0 Kudos

james i have send the mails to ur id

reward if it helps ur understanding

thanks

adi

Former Member
0 Kudos

rebate requires all specific customising which depends on business scenario like final settlements,partial settlements ,etc.

u will create rebate agreement in VBo1 and it generates CMR followed by CM and final accounting doc .

this is transaction process

reward if helps !!!!