cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can Fiori Fact Sheets and Analytical Apps be installed on HANA Side Car?

barry_hodges
Discoverer
0 Kudos

My customer is interested in Fiori Analytical and Fact Sheet Apps (i.e. those powered by HANA).  They are not in a position to migrate their ERP environment off of their current database (SQL Server) to HANA.  Is it possible to set up HANA as a side car to the existing ERP environment and enable Fiori that way or do they have to be "all in" on HANA and it only works when HANA is the native database under ERP?

Tags edited by: Michael Appleby

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

masa_139
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Barry,

Please look at the communication channel diagram.

Setup of SAP Fiori System Landscape - SAP Library

The WebDispatcher redirects

1. All UI http requests to the frontend server

2. OData requests for transactional apps to the frontend server -> backend server

3. Factsheets search requests to the backend server

4. OData requests for Analytical apps to XS engine

The item 3. means Factsheet search needs Suite on HANA.

The item 4. means Analytical Apps work with HANA side car deployment.

Regards, Masa

SAP Customer Experience Group - CEG

juergen_butsmann
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Masa and Barry,

fully agree on Masa's statement.

SAP Fiori Analytical Apps (made for SAP Smart Business cockpits) run in sidecar setup. So for SAP Smart Business overall you can state: the transactional apps as part of SAP Smart Business runs on any DB while the analytical part of the cockpit must run on SAP HANA and can be replicated to such an environment. So overall SAP Smart Business cockpits run in a sidecar.

Best,

Juergen

Solution owner SAP HANA Live and SAP Smart Business, SAP

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Barry,

I had followed this discussion because we have  a very similar case: we want to understand if is possible to use Fiori Smart Business Cockpit AP AR in a ECC 6.0 SP6 with Financial add-on on Sidecar. If you have any feedback about how was your advance regarding the point in the discussion subject will be wonderfull !

Thanks and regards,

Leonardo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Barry which applications are you interested in ?

A Little noted change is that Some Applications are now available with out requiring hana.

http://help.sap.com/fiori_bs2013/helpdata/en/fd/63f9520cde6304e10000000a423f68/content.htm?frameset=...

barry_hodges
Discoverer
0 Kudos

The main one my customer was interested in was the Financials Add-on.  That said, it is good to know what deployment options are possible with Fiori.  Everyone's answer above has been very help.

Thanks.

juergen_butsmann
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

see my answer to Masa

Former Member
0 Kudos

You need HANA for FactSheet Apps. it is not optional as per my knowledge.

• ØFact sheets run onlystack –
  • ØSupported ABAP Stack:

ERP Ehp7 SP 03 with NW 7.40 SP04 (With  required SAP notes) ,SP05/06 is recommended

thanks

A

barry_hodges
Discoverer
0 Kudos

I already understand Fact Sheets and Analytical Apps must have HANA as the database.  The question is can HANA be configured in a side car mode (i.e. required tables replicated using SLT from the current RDBMS in to HANA and have the Fiori apps leverage the HANA side car deployment)?

former_member184458
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Barry,

if  you can replicate transactional tables into a sidecar, that does not mean that the application with the transactions get replicated as well. It does not. For example if you replicate ERP tables to a sidecar, then the ERP application does not get replicated as well.

The SAP delivered Fiori transactional apps work on Suite on HANA and on Suite on traditional RDBMS, although I guess there are always exceptions. But not in a sidecar,

A customer can develop custom Fiori apps using tables (replicated or not) in a sidecar.

In this link SAP Fiori and Smart Business Cockpits | SAP HANA, are more details about the 4 different types of Fiori apps http://www.saphana.com/docs/DOC-3323and you can also find a link to the Catalog of SAP delivered Fiori apps, which details the Back-End Components and Front-End Components delivered with the Fiori apps and the required Back-End Product, which supports the particular Fiori App.

thank you

erich