Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Access to GRC "Work Inbox" from ECC not working

former_member297605
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All

Please can I request your knowledge on how to fix this issue.

Issue

When users try to access the GRC “Work Inbox” from NWBC (ECC) it is supposed to take the user to the GRC system using the “Target System” defined in the role.

This does not happen and errors out (screenshot right at the bottom).

Roles

The role is actually built in the GRC system and the menu is imported into ECC using RFC.

As per SAP doco it says the “Target System” can be defined either at specific node levels or for all the txns & WDAs in the role which is what I have defined.

What I have tried so far…….

1. Have tried to define the “Target system” at the node level and test – Failed.
  2. As SAP_GRC is a variable containing a RFC I’ve also tried to use that RFC instead of the variable – Failed. (fyi- have tested the RFC in SM59 – works).
  3. Have tried another HTTP RFC – Failed.
  4. Have checked auth traces in both systems – All ok
  5. The WDA is GRFN_POWL_INBOX. I’m not sure if it needs to have OBN targets defined in ECC as it is not defined in the GRC role. Any ideas?

Have you encountered similar issues? Any tips on how to fix this would be greatly appreciated.

Please advise – THANKS

ECC ROLE

GRC ROLE

Testing…..this is from ECC.

Error – Indicates it tries to access that WDA in ECC where it does not exist whereas when I test the same from GRC it works.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ranjit,

Check your RFC connection once.

Thanks

KH

Colleen
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Ranjit

Have you worked your way through the PFCG help notes for NWBC PFCG to confirm you have completed all steps?

Was your RFC connection and ABAP or HTTP? NWBC needs HTTP or HTTPs.

I'm also paging the security space as this is not specific to GRC but entirely related to PFCG role build. You might get better response here

Regards

Colleen

former_member297605
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All - Please could I request your opinions on this.

Thanks