cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tracking Personas Use/Users??

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am curious if there is a report that shows users who are executing a transaction within Personas vs. people who are doing the same transaction via standard SAP GUI? Is there a way to see who is logging in to Personas on a regular basis?

Thanks for any input!

Cheryl

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am also interested in tracking Personas usage/activity. Has anyone had success with the options presented?

*Great minds think alike Cheryl...*

fredrik_borlie
Contributor
0 Kudos

You should be able to analyse the ICM-log.

https://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/en/73/b5f99a019f11d5991400508b6b8b11/content.htm

In theory. With some configuration of logging parameters, you might be able to attach the log to a log stats tool like http://www.awstats.org/.

Former Member
0 Kudos

That's an interesting idea. I'm not sure you can easily get transaction information as that's not in the URL but in Form data within a POST operation, and I don't think that's logged is it?

fredrik_borlie
Contributor
0 Kudos

I tested awstats and blogged how to enable it. Have not researched it more to discover whether I can find the user name or not. I will return if I find it!

Former Member
0 Kudos

That's a really good question, and one I've been struggling to find an answer to also. The best I've come up with it to take a daily dump of statistics from STAD, filtered to just include web traffic (task type H or T as appropriate). That gives individual lines for each transaction with user, date, time, and a lot more that can be ignored. This does also include webgui traffic, and I can't see an easy way of distinguishing Personas from webgui. We have no significant webgui usage so that's not a problem for us.

I take this data and feed it into excel, and build pivot tables on it. Of course, I should use Lumira, but...

So that gives me things like this - users by transaction used:

Or this - users by date:

It is tedious, not least because the STAD output format is a pain to get into Excel, because it can't be automated, and because the STAD data doesn't stick around long so if you forget for a few days you lose it. I did this religiously for a few months after we went live, but I've got out of the habit now, which is why the above data is from February. I do wish there was a better way...

Steve.

0 Kudos

I 've been using SM04 to look up for users who have conencted to SAP using Personas.

Usually the 'Type' for a Personas Users shows "Plugin HTTP".

Geetha