cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Fiori: Version Management for SAP Gateway Enhanced Services & SAP UI5 Application

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

Greetings!!

I would like to check how version control is achieved for SAP Fiori app extensions. Or while enhancing the SAP UI5 applciation or enhancing a SAP netweaver gateway backend service for Fiori App.

I would appreciate your inputs. Thanks in Advance.

Sudhanshu ~

Tags edited by: Michael Appleby

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

For front end SAPUI5 CODE in Elipse or RIVER RDE you can use GIT which is pretty standard way of doing code management. Once you push the code to GW it is in BSP and then you dont have much control on the version management side. If there are multiple developers working on front end code then you can push to GW using ABAP Team Provider plugin in Eclipse that pushes the sapui5 code to BSP via workbench request and once 1 developer is done then he/she will submit the code. the next person then does the GET from GW into their Eclipse to get the latest version of source code. But if there are 10 changes to the sapui5 code then on front end side you should use GIT or BitBucket or MS Team Share kind of source code control tools that integrate with ECLIPSE.

For oData Service you can do version management in ABAP stacks. you can have multiple versions for your service and then deploy to prod the one that you are sure of. Std change management can be used for backend GW service development.

thanks

Ashish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Ashish for your expert inputs. It definitely helped in clearing my doubts.

Thanks,

Sudhanshu ~

Former Member
0 Kudos

If this answered your question pls mark the question as "answered" and award points.

thanks

Ashish

Answers (0)