cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SOAP Sender to RFC Scenario WSDL File

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am working on SOAP -> PI -> RFC Scenario. I generated WSDL from sender agreement and gave to the client that can consumed by the third party system. But client is not ready to consume the WSDL. He provided WSDL and asking me to use that. Could you please suggest whether WSDL given by the client can be used in SOAP -> PI -> RFC Scenario. If it is possible, could you please provide steps how it can be done?

Thank you.

Regards,

Cdr.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Hareesh & Divya,

When we generate WSDL from PI, it gives soap action and soap address location based on the interface we use for SOAP -> PI -> RFC.

When we import WSDL given by the client as external definition, we get messages(Structures). But where do we pass the soap action or address location. I do not see any option in the soap sender communication channel. I am not visualize the link.

Can somebody share their knowledge if they have done in this way.

Thank you.

Regards,

Cdr.

former_member184720
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You don't need to set address or location information.

After creating the integrated configuration, go to the Integrated configuration menu -> display WSDL.

You should be able to see bindings and locations for that service interface in that wsdl file.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Well , Ideally in your scenario, The WSDL should be generated in PI and shared with the client. This can happen after understanding the data field requirements from the client.

But if the client is helping you understand the data structure by sharing the WSDL, Like Hareesh mentioned please import the wsdl in the external definition to see what the message structure looks like.

former_member184720
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If it just for generating the structure then you can create an external definition object in ESR and import the wsdl file provided by client.