cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reading cost center, profit center details using SAP PI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm using BAPIs BAPI_COSTCENTER_GETLIST, BAPI_PROFITCENTER_GETLIST from an external connector and able to fetch cost center and profit center details respectively. And now I would like to do the same but using PI bus instead of BAPI(RFC) call.

Are there any readily exposed services to this PI bus that I can use directly? Or these services need to be built and deployed first?

Any design specs. or steps on how to go about achieving this is highly appreciated?

Thanks in anticipation!

Venkat Koppala

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member207892
Participant
0 Kudos

check if you can use SAP provided ES service bundles from ES workspace specific to your requirement:

ES Bundles Available Today - Enterprise Services WIKI - SCN Wiki

Deploy the bundles in PI ESR and can publish the services through Service Registry..

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Venkat

You can import both BAPIs in PI and call from an external system. In this case you would need a RFC type T. You will define a program id in SAP PI and the external system will register in SAP PI.

You will be able to transform the BAPIs in PI to a web service. You would import the BAPIs too.

Other alternative is using IDOCs COSFET for requesting coste centres or COSMAS and PCRMAS through SAP PI.  It will depends of the kinf of cuntionality you need.

It is posible that in the ESR you find a web service that call the BAPI but this kind of integration should be imported in PI too usually.

Kr

former_member184720
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Instead of using an external connector, You can invoke the BAPI from PI using the standard RFC adapter and then send this information to external partner.