Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looping message in Adapter Engine

former_member69608
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello!

We had a message  which went fine in mapping (IDOC -> proxy) / integration engine (check flags in sxi_monitor) but stopped in Adapter Engine with status "To be delivered". No jammed queues or anything. It didnt help to restart the message, it was just looping. We had to restart one of the PXI-servers and after that it worked succesfully.

Any ideas what could have caused this or how I can fault-trace / debug this?!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Stefan,

To be Delivered can happen because of two reasons:

1. PI Performance due to sudden heavy loads OR

2. in this case Receiver system Perfomance may be the case ..

pls check once with the receiver system performance .. and also the note suggested above(1623356) which mentions thread increase for that particular adapter type.

I hope this will help..

Thanks,

Praveen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

This is a system issue and it can't be resolved in any way.
This is probably the issue within Runtime threads and it can be resolved only by restarting the PI server. We had a same issue in PO 7.4 where there were couple of messages were going to TobeDelivered status amd Delivering status without any prior error messages. After all the required analysis, SAP had to add a new patch and then the issue got resolved.

Thanks,

Venkat B.

former_member69608
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Venkat,

Thanks for this input. So am I understanding you correct if this is patched in newer release of PI?

Is there a note on this or something?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Stefan,

The only way to debug or trace it now would be to have a look in your developer logs. Have a look on NWA under logs and filter on the time it happened. If something was wrong it should appear there.

One of the java service might have gone for a loop and the message got stuck. Its rarely happens but you never know.

Hope it helps,

Jannus Botha

former_member69608
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

thanks for your reply. I have looked in NWA but I can't find anything that implies that something has looped or been retried many times. It's not easy, I'm not even knowing what I'm looking for

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yeah this is a difficult issue to find and even more difficult to resolve. But lets hope for the best.

It is not possible to replicate this issue?

Regards,

Jannus Botha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Have u gone through this?

1623356 - "To be delivered" messages in Adapter Engine

Thanks

Amit Srivastava