Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Confirming Warehouse Task in EWM by flat file from some other AS/RS system

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

The requirement is something like this :

1. Warehouse tasks are created in ewm ( e.g for putaway ).

2. Destination storage type / bin determined in EWM  : 0010 / 0010-01-01-01

3. The putaway to the destination bin is done by AS/RS , the destination storage type/ bin may be AA00 / AA00-01-01-01

4. Once putaway is achieved , the AS/RS sends message of confirmation with flat file , the ewm  system should confirm the warehouse task but the destination in EWM should be as determined by ewm i.e. 0010 / 0010-01-01-01.

Flat file stoage type and bin (AA00 / AA00-01-01-01) needs to be changed to ewm storage type and bin (0010 / 0010-01-01-01)

How can we confirm WT in EWM  using flat file ? can we use FM for warehouse task confirmation ? Which FM ?

Regards / Vinod

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

jobi_t
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vinod,

AS/RS is not connected to ewm system?

May be am not understanding your requirement. As far as i know,

we can connect AS/RS to ewm system through PLC's. When put away is completed it sends telegram to ewm through PLC's. This will update in ewm.

Can you explain about this flat file?

BR,

Jobi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Thanks Jobi for your quick reply.

The AS/RS system is not standard SAP EWM MFS. It is from third party.

The communication will be through flat files ( file format like .csv).

I understand there is function module to confirm warehouse tasks in ewm.

/SCWM/TO_Confirm.

But my requirement is before confirmation the original WT destination should also be changed with the destination determined by AS/RS.

e..g

1. EWM warehouse task has determined - destination bin to be A01 .

2. AS/RS determines destination bin to be B01 and confirms putaway.

3. Mesage in the form of flat file through interface ( which will be built ) is sent to EWM which should first update destination bin in Warehouse Task and then confirm WT in ewm.

Any idea ? How it can work and relevant function modules / BAPI or any enhancement ?

Regards / Vinod