cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SQL DATE format in SLT???

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Is it possible to create a field of type SQL_DATE in SLT and fill in in the RULE ASSIGMENT?

Thanks,

Amir

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

1. You are correct that when i use the original tables directly i dont have the option to use DATE format but because SLT provide manipolation rules to the data i would expect to have such a function - especcialy because its adjust to HANA.

2. When using the HANA CV directly in the BO DFX (not using derive tables) you dont have any option to adjust\change the propmpts.

3. There is no point to have this conversion for every query runtime. I would like to have it once.

So, i understand that up to this version there is no way to create SQL date through SLT. I will add it to my wish list 🙂

Thanks,

Amir

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amir,

I have came across same scenario in our landscape and I have configured rule assignment to filter a field to replicate data from 2013.

The filter process was unsuccessfull.

Can you mention the steps in detail to configuring the date transformation rule on MS SQL database.

Regards,

Raj

tobias_koebler
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Amir,

can you give use some more details regards the rule. Can you post a screenshot?

Have you defined 2013 as a string?

Best,
Tobias

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tobias,

Below are the steps I have followed.

I have created Event realted rule & field related rule.

Regards,

Raj

tobias_koebler
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

You have to set it to status "released".

Within status "New" the rule will not be assigned.

In addition I do not understand your rule. This rule is not working. Please have a look into the system docu to understand how the rule concept is working. There you also find examples.

Best,

Tobias

Former Member
0 Kudos

Tobias thanks for reply.

As per your blog (how-to-filter-on-the-initial-load-parallelize-replication), I feel I haven't changed reading type to 4/5. I can change when I add a table for replication. How to change reading type prior to replication.

Also, I didn't find any proper documentation on these settings. If you can share document which details the entire rule assigment process that would be great.

Regards,

Raj

tobias_koebler
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi,

the other blog do not describe any procedure within transaction LTRS. Therre we use another table and it is an expert function.

Please use the "i" button on top of transaction LTRS ==> see screenshot 2 of your post.

There you find all the information regards the functions plus examples.

Best,

Tobias

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Tobias for your valuable information .

Will test the rule assignment today.

Regards,

Raj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tobias,

In our scenarios the requirement is to filter a field to replicate data from 2013. For this to be successfull, I have configured a rule for table VBAK in LTRS

Status - Released

Line of Code - SELECT * FROM VBAK WHERE ERDAT >= '20130101'

During replication, the table is changing from scheudled to Error.

Please correct me if I am missing something.

Regards,

Raj

tobias_koebler
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Raj,

have you read the docu for rule assignmet? Evrything is described there.

1. You need a import parameter: ERDAT

2. Your rule makes no sense:

If I_ERDAT <= '20130101'. SKIP_RECORD. Endif.

Not sure which type the field ERDAT has, maybe you have to ajust it.

Best,
Tobias

tobias_koebler
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi,

this is not a rule, for me it sounds more like a new data type in the target. Try to define this in table settings.

Best,

Tobias

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tobias,

In the table settings, When adding a new field there is no way to add column from type SQL_DATE. SAP date format (DATS) is CHAR 8 and if i use it there is no date picker in HANA and i will have to convert it back to SQL_DATE format - this cost performance.

Thanks,

Amir

former_member182114
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Amir,

We reached similar discussion in past and for sure it's better for user to have a date picker which nature came from date format, but depending on your models you will have a lot to do in SLT, also if you model for SoH which you query the original table and not a replicated one you have no option.

About performance, you can prepare the convertion on your prompt variable, when mounting the statement (if you are modeling on BO side).

Another option is to you provide a "date" in date format from M_DIMENSION table, you just need to add it to your view joining, but the cons is that you need one per date.

Regards, Fernando Da Rós