cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Customer and BP Creation with block status in BP data Model

Former Member
0 Kudos

As per standard scenario ,in MDG as soon as BP is created a corresponding customer is created through CVI integration in ECC. We require customer and BP must be created with blocked status in ECC, when BP grouping is PAYER.

Please respond soon.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abdullah,

I have created BRF functions and ruleset for data model BP as you suggested but that BRF function is not getting called.

Could you please tell how to varify that a particular BRF function called or not. And also how to test and debug it.

Thanks in advance.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Swati

Can you post screen short for BRF+ ruleset?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Above are the screenshots of BRFPlus function i have created.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Swati

You need to create under node Trigger Function-Derviation with DERIVE_<Entity>

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I have created function under node Trigger Function-Derviation with name DERIVE_CUSTOMER_BLOCK because the attributes comes under entity BP_CUSGEN but when I tried to create function with name DERIVE_BP_CUSGEN but error comes that its already exist in the system.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I have created function under node Trigger Function-Derviation with name DERIVE_CUSTOMER_BLOCK , because the attributes comes under entity BP_CUSGEN but when I tried to create function with name DERIVE_BP_CUSGEN but error comes that its already exist in the system.

Still its not working.

Former Member
0 Kudos

It has to be DERIVE_<entity name>. You can NOT just use any name like DERIVE_BLOCK_CUSTOMER. If the function exist, that is OK. You can add a new rule to the existing function to set the blocking flags.

Former Member
0 Kudos

In my case while creating a BP , customer will automatically create through CVI integration. We do not click on “New ERP Customer” on UI. I have created BRFPlus function in FMDM_MODEL_BP -> Trigger Function -> Derivation with name “DERIVE_BP_CUSGEN” as the attributes I need to change are come under ‘BP_CUSGEN’ entity.

I doubt whether this function called or not. How to check it.??

At what time this BRFPlus function will call in the process. If it calls on UI before submitting CR or It will execute when we approve the workflow or it will run at the time of customer creation..??

Attached screenshot for your reference.

Former Member
0 Kudos

First of all, are you sure the BP_CUSGEN is creating the ERP customer? BRF+ derivation functions can't create entities. They are only called when entities already exist. For creating entities, you would need to use other solutions such as cross-entity BAdI, etc.

To answer your question as to when BRF+ functions (derivation and validation) are called, they are called only when an entity is created or changed.

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can use the BRF+ derivation function. Set the different blocking flags to X for the required BP Grouping. I actually got this specific requirement working at my current client using BRF+.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abdullah

Is ther any SAP delivered sub function available under derivation function for this requirement or we need to provide some codes to achive this?

Former Member
0 Kudos

You don't need to write any code. All you need to do is write BRF+ rules. You can execute the derivation node under the "Search and Validation" tree, enter the data model name, and create a BRF+ function. The derivation function must be created under the Derivation folder and must be named DERIVE_<entity>. The check function must be created under the corresponding folder and must be named CHECK_<entity>. So, for the MARABASIC, you must call the derivation function DERIVE_MARABASIC and the check method CHECK_MARABASIC.

Keep in mind, BRF+ derivation and validation functions can handle one entity at a time. For cross-entity validation and derivation, you need to implement the cross-entity BAdI (in which you will need to write code).

Take a look at these documenets: http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/e08f3e4e-17f8-2f10-f383-fe126bffe...  & http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/90243ca8-92af-2e10-b895-92533b2de...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abdullah

Thank you very much