Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can i get difference in base plan and actual/current plan for a project

surajprakash_singh
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi PS Experts,

How can i get difference in base plan and actual plan .

For example-

Project1 is created for 10 days (start and end date difference).

Now in between -project is extended/changed for 12 days .

What is the way to get 2 days as a difference in base plan and current plan.

Thanks

Suraj prakash

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey,

you can use either base and forecast dates for comparison in Gantt chart or use a project versions, which "freeze" states of your project with dates for future comparison (you can make as many versions as you want for that scenario).

surajprakash_singh
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Yury,

I have tried creating versions of project CNS41 but version data visible though  CNS41 is also changing with change of project in cj20n.

Is i am trying with wrong tcodes?

Thanks and Regard

Suraj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Suraj,

it couldn't be, cause project versions are just a snapshots. Check your settings for creating versions in spro. Also be sure the versions are created. Try to use tr, CN71

surajprakash_singh
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Yury,

It was in same tcode only i was clicking on wrong column.

Thanks

Suraj prakash

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Suraj,

You can follow a convention that -

(1) Forecast Start/Finish dates: Used only for Primary planning, once initial planning is done you should not change these dates.

Now, you will copy the same dates in Basic Start/Finish dates also.

(2) Basic Start/Finish dates: Whatever changes are done after the initial planning, you will make the changes only in Basic Start/Finish dates.

So, in Project Planning board, if you enable Forecast and Basic dates with different color coding, you can clearly see the variation in the Project schedule.

Hope this helps.

former_member195427
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

I think you want to notify these delays in your project. If I am correct, then there are few ways for it:

1. Use document (CV01N) for delay and attach it to concerned job (activity/WBS).

2. Use milestones to report the delays it.

Regards

Saurabh

MTerence
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am not sure, but guess you can use milestone dates with Basic date / Forecast Date and Actual.

Regards

Terence