cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Focus on input field when using two UIBB forms

Former Member
0 Kudos

In most of my UIBB forms I use the get_data method to set the focus to some specific input fields (using io_extended_ctrl). It works fine but for two cases:

1. when I have two UIBBs and I want to switch the focus from one to the other one. Though io_extended_ctrl->request_focus_on_field is not called in the first but only in the second one, the focus does not switch to the input field of the second form.

2. when a message is reported using the fpm message manager, the focus cannot be set to any input field.

Maybe some of you know a solution for these two problems?

Best regards,

Thomas

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Aliaksandr
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Thomas,

1. You can rise and process your own FPM event with parameters which help you to indicate where to set focus.
  2. Add WDSETFOCUSONMESSAGEAREA parameter with empty value in your application.

Kind regards, Aliaksandr.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Aliaksandr,

again, thank you very much. At least the second issue could be solved. But still, I cannot change the focus from one UIBB form to another one. For me it looks like a bug in the WDA/FPM backend. The function io_extended_ctrl->request_focus_on_field is called correctly in get_data, but the focus still remains on the last input field in the wrong UIBB.

Best regards,

Thomas

Answers (0)