Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MOPZ and landscape upgrade

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Gurus,

We have ECC and CRM and SCM systems.

We are going to upgrade ECC to the next stack. Can MOPZ tell me if I need to update CRM and SCM also or not?

Regards

Vladimir Kogan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

it is totally depend upon your landscape design.

if you have separate installation of ECC , CRM and SCM then there is no way Solution manager calculate dependency .

but yes , if it is configured as HUB then it will surely calculate for the other components too!

Note - can you please tell us the Solution manger version .

because LMDB is not available in older solution manger.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Thank to all of them for answers.

We are in Solman 7.1 SP 11

If I understand you correctly   I need to create one new Product systems an include  ECC CRM and SCM to this product system. When running MOPZ I will select the main system for update.

Regards

Vladimir

divyanshu_srivastava3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vladimir,

Yes, the dependent product system should be linked to the one for which you are calculating stack.

Regards,

Divyanshu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Great!

Another situation.

We have an one GRC system and number of ABAP system with GRC Add-on installed.

In case I am upgrading the version f GRC main component, I want to know what is corresponding version of add-on on managed systems. Can MOPZ help in this case also?

divyanshu_srivastava3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

divyanshu_srivastava3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vladimir,

It's correctly said by Karthik. It's the landscape pattern that helps in keeping dependency in mind among components while generating stack.

Also, refer below links: Analysing Dependencies of Upgrades - SAP Solution Manager - SAP Library

1903447 - Hub systems - What they are and how to define them in LMDB and SMSY

Regards,

Divyanshu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vladimir,

In LMDB if the landscape Pattern is Hub (When the technical system is used in several product systems) then during MOPZ stack generation it will show the respective landscape upgrade details.

if the landscape Pattern is Sidecar(When the technical system is used in single product systems)

MOPZ will show only the particular upgrade details.

if the ECC is sidecar, then MNOPZ will show only the respective stack details. or ECC is added like HUB like ERP 6.0, SAP netwear 7.0 and  SAP SRM , then it will show all the product system upgrade details

Check the below link also for more details:

https://websmp101.sap-ag.de/~sapidb/011000358700000044972013E/SpecificsInstUpgrade.pdf

Rg,

Karthik